Consolidated E Mails for the WE March 9th

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2013

      Jai Jinendra:

       There are 7 Mails consolidated for your review for this week. The new E mails are shown in the RED FONTS. The consolidated E mails are as follows:

      Consolidated E Mails List

      1. Religious Programs at JCSC during -February 2013.

      2.  Daylight Saving Time begins- March 10th, 2013-Spring Forward One Hour

      3. Thursday Swadhyay on "Samaysar"

      4.  Param Krupalu Dev Shrimad Rajchandra Bhakti on Saturday, March 16th

      5. Seminar for Planning for Successful Aging

      6.  ACC and JCSC Annual Medical Fair Sunday, March 31st

      7. 4th Annual Young Jains of America (YJA) West Region Retreat

      1.Religious Programs at JCSC during-March 2013

       Ongoing programs and events:

      Pathsala/swadhyay-  March 17 and,24

      Chaudas Pratikraman - Starts at 6:00 pm on Sunday, March 10th 2013 &

                                                       Starts at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, March 26th 2013

      Chaumasi Chaudas Dev-Vandan - Starts at 2:30 pm on Tuesday, March 26th 2013

      Monthly Snatra PujaJaap starts at 9.30 am on Saturday, March 16th

      Please contact Hemendra Doshi on (213) 629-1345 or e-mail @ hemendra.doshi@..., if you would like to sponsor the event.

      Monthly Bhavna Bhakti - 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm, on March 29th 2013.

      There will be Prabhavna at Bhavna-BhaktiPlease contact Hemendra Doshi on (213) 629-1345 or e-mail @ hemendra.doshi@..., if you would like to sponsor Prabhavna or would like to sing in Bhavna.

      Weekly evening Swadhyay - Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday

                                                            From 8:30 pm to 10 pm.

      Daily Asthprakari Puja - 6:00 am to 9:00 am.

      Chundadi - Daily in the morning with receipt only. Puja clothes required.

      Arti-Mangal Divo - Week days - 8:15 pm and Sat/Sun/holidays - 7:30 pm

      Life Time Tithi Pledges:

      March 02, 2013 Saturday by Shah, Vidyaben Jayantilal on birthday of Shah, Vidyaben

      March 06, 2013 Wednesday Desai, Suraj and Hetal (Shah, Navnit & Niru Shah)                Punya tithi of son/brother Kamal Shah

      March 07, 2013 Thursday Shah, Jayantilal Chunilal   Birthday of Shah, Jayantilal Chunilal

      March 24, 2013 Sunday Shah, Dilip and Pragna for Punya tithi of Manekben Shah

      March 31, 2013 Sunday Salvi, Kirit and Rekha

      Annual Tithi.

      March 3, 2013 Sunday by Sejal and Bindesh Shah on Stavan's 6th Birthday

      March 9, 2013 Saturday by Savita and Manilal Shah on their 50th Wedding Anniversary

      2.  Daylight Saving Time begins- March 10th, 2013-Spring Forward One Hour

      Please turn your clock one hour ahead or forward on Saturday, March 9th before going to bed. Otherwise you will be late by one hour on Sunday, March 10th for your meetings and or appointments.

      3. Thursday Swadhyay on "Samaysar"

      We like to inform you that Swadhyay on "Samaysar no Saral Parichay" continuing on Thursdays, at 8:30 pm at Aradhana hall of Jain center.  We included the link for a pdf book.

      http://www.jainlibrary.org/elib_master/jlib/008001_book_gujarati_51/Samaysaar_guj_txt_008302.pdf

      જય જિનેન્દ્ર

      અનાદી  કાળથી પર સન્મુખ જીવોને  " હું  જ્ઞાન સ્વભાવ છું અને મારૂં સુખ મારામાં છે." એવી શ્રધ્ધા કદી થઈ નથી અને તેથી તેની ઓશિયાળી પરસન્મુખ વૃતિ કદી ટળતી નથી. એવા દીન દુઃખી જીવો પર પરમ પૂજ્ય આચાર્ય ભગવંત શ્રી કુંદકુંદ સ્વામીએ પરમ કરુણા કરી "સમયસાર" શાસ્ત્રમાં જીવનો જ્ઞાનાનંદ સ્વભાવ વિસ્તારથી સમજાવ્યો છે, તેમજ કેવળીના જ્ઞાન અને કેવળીના સુખ માટેની ધોધદાર ઉત્કૃષ્ટ ભાવના વહાવી છે. મહાગ્રંથ "સમયસાર" નો સરળ પરિચય આપણે ગુરુવાર તા. 17 જાન્યુવારી 2013 ના સાંજે 8:30 થી 10 શરૂ કરીએ છીએ તેનો સર્વ ભવ્ય જીવો લાભ લેશે તેવી આશા છે

      4.  Param Krupalu Dev Shrimad Rajchandra Bhakti- Please note the Date Change

      We will have Param Krupalu Dev Shrimad Rajchandra Bhakti in JCSC Aradhana Hall on Saturday March 16, 2013 from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM.

      1. Navkar Mantra
      2. Mangalacharan
      3. Bhakti pads by Mumukshus

      4. Vanchan and Discussion of Patra #76
      5. Kshamapana

      6. Aarti
      7. Mangal Divo
      8. Aho Aho Shri Sad guru
      9. He Param Krupalu Dev

      In order to participate, please let us know the Bhakti pad by no later than Monday, March 11, 2013 so that we can plan the program appropriately. Please feel free to contact any one of the following if you have any questions or would like to take a Bhakti pad.

      Premal Doshi @ 213-210-3711 or premald2003@...

      Mahesh Wadher @ 951-898-0276 or Mahesh.Wadher@...
      Nikhil Dhami @ 562-653-0313 or nikhil_dhami@...

      Please come in time as the Bhakti program will start promptly at 3:00 PM.

      .

      5. Seminar for Planning for Successful Aging

      Jain Center Senior Association, in collaboration with Brihan Maharashtra Mandal of N. America, is organizing a one day conference for Indo-American seniors titled “Planning for Successful Aging.”

      Date:   Saturday, 16 March 2013

      Venue: Jain Center of Southern California

      8072 Commonwealth Avenue

      Buena Park, California 90621

      Time:  9 AM – 5 PM

      Registration: $25 per person or $40 per couple (Before March 5th)

                              $30 per person or $50 per couple (From March 5th)

                              (Covers event costs including breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea)

      Topics will include Senior Health Care, Government Programs for Seniors, Legal, Financial and Estate Planning Issues, Housing Options and Lifestyle in Senior Years, and Longevity Revolution: A Blessing or a Curse?

      Registration: Please make checks payable to Jain Center of Southern California

      and mail to:     Kantibhai Shah, 45 Castle Tree, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

      Contacts:      Kantibhai Shah (949-459-8299) Kantilal.Shah@...

                              Haribhai Dedhia (949-836-8404) Harry.Dedhia@...

      Dhiren and Rajul Mehta (714-267-0076) dhirenmehta1@...

      6.  ACC and JCSC Annual Medical Fair Sunday, March 31st

      ACC and JCSC have planned our annual medical fair on Sunday, March 31st.

      The schedule will be 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM PST.

      It will be held at the JCSC main cultural hall.

      The details for the fair will be announced later.

      Please mark your calendar.

      Stay tuned!

      7. 4th Annual Young Jains of America (YJA) West Region Retreat

      Come join us at the 4th Annual West Retreat at Villa Antonio, in Morro Bay, CA.  This is a weekend of learning about Jainism, connecting the mind, body, and soul, and a great chance for you to meet some new friends, learn something new, and have an amazing, fun filled weekend!

      Retreat Details:
      • Who: You and your friends from ages 14-29 interested in Jainism;
      • When: April 5th-7th, 2013;
      • Where: Villa Antonio (135 Howard Avenue, Morro Bay, CA);
      • How: Register Here

      Retreat Pricing Information:
      Phase 1 Fee: Now - Sunday, March 24th at 11:59pm PST..

      •   $95.00 for Jain Link Members
      •   $105.00 for non-Jain Link Members

      Phase 2 Fees: After Phase 1 - Wed., April 3rd at 11:59pm PST.

      •   $105.00 for Jain Link Members
      •   $115.00 for non-Jain Link Members

      **SPOTS ARE LIMITED THIS YEAR!**

      Frequently Asked Questions:
      Q: How old do I have to be attend this retreat?
      A: You must be between 14-29 years old to attend this retreat.

      Q: I don't know anyone going, how do I know this will be fun?
      A: We promise you will walk out with at least two new friends, or we will personally refund you.

      Q: But how do I get there?
      A: We have plenty of carpools leaving from all the main cities.  If you need a ride, don’t hesitate to ask - we’ll try our very best to make sure you can come!

      Q: Is there a Facebook link, so I can see who else is going?
      A: Of course there is!  http://on.fb.me/X6RSMh