Consolidated E Mails for the WE December 15th

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2012

      Jai Jinendra:

      There are 11  E Mails consolidated for your review for this week. The new E mails are shown in the RED FONTS. The consolidated E mails are as follows:

      Consolidated E Mails List

      1.Religious Programs at JCSC during December 2012

      2. Namaskar Maha Mantra Shibir (Part 2) January 26-27, 2013

      3. Volunteers Needed to fill in for Mr. Bhikhubhai Patel while he is on vacation starting Dec 25th,2012

      4. Tender Care Community Outreach Program (TCCOP)-Sunday, December 16th TOY DRIVE

      5. 2012 Donation Tax Deduction

      6. Donations to JCSC by giving capital appreciated stocks/share you own

      7. JCSC 25th Anniversary Website and Facebook Released

      8. Children Cultural Program preparations for the celebration of Mahavir Janm Kalyanak on Sunday, April 21st

      9. Jain Center achieves milestone for mailing list and Facebook

      10. Two month Indian Visa Restriction Lifted

      11.  Panch pratikraman Sutra with meaning by Panditji in MP3 ia available for listening

      1.Religious Programs at JCSC during Nov 2012

      Ongoing programs and events:

      JCYC &JSG Pathshala/Adult Swadhyay-10:30am-12:00Noon-12/2,12/16.

      Monthly Snatrapuja & Navkarmantra Jaap-12/15-sponcered by Kalpesh & RoopaJhaveri.

      Chaudas Pratikraman(Start at 6:30pm) 12/27.

      Dev Vandan-Maun Ekadasi-12/23,Sunday,10 am(pl.note the time change from calender)
      - Monthly Bhavna Bhakti from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm, on Dec 28th, Fri, 2012.
      There will be Prabhavna at Bhavna-Bhakti. Please Contact
      Dr Mahendra Shah at 714-369-8701 or
      E-mail @
      mahendra.shah@...If anybody wants to sponsor for prabhavna or those who wants to sing.
      -Weekly evening swadhyay-every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday from 8:30pm to 10 pm.

      Tithi program (includes annual& life time)

      -daily Asthprakari puja at 7:30am to 9:30 am,
      Arti-Mangal Divo at 8:15 pm on week days and 7:30 pm on Sat/Sun/holidays.
      -Chundadi-daily in puja clothes, in the morning with receipt only.

      Life Time Tithi Program:

      12/14-Dr Jaykumar & Ramila Shah-tribute to Punyatithi of Lilaben Harilal Shah.

      2. Namaskar Maha Mantra Shibir (Part 2) January 26-27, 2013

      Those of you who attended the "Namaskar Maha Mantra" Shibir on October 20, 2012 and those of you who did not or could not attend that Shibir are going to get another chance on January 26/27 (Sat/Sun), 2013. We have received several requests for a Shibir of this kind from our members. This is in continuation of the Part 1.

      After knowing the vast, deep and profound meaning of this "Maha Mantra", many of you must have experienced better understanding and as a result when chanting the "Navakar Mantra" felt you could do with more "BHAV" (
      ભાવ).

      Param Pujya Panyasji Maharaj Saheb has done profound thinking on "Navakar Mantra" and fortunately (
      આપણામહદપુણ્યનાઉદયે) we have his writings available to us. We have, therefore, decided that we should try and explore some more for our own spiritual benefit (આઘ્યાત્મિક લાભ). This also will help us become a better person and our relationship with those who come into contact with us will improve for better.

      We are hopeful that you will take advantage of this opportunity to enrich by attending the Shibir with such enthusiasm that you all had shown last time.

      This is a TWO DAY Shibir and like last time, Breakfast, Lunch, Tea & Dinner will be served on BOTH days.

      Please click on the following link OR fill out the attached form to RSVP for Shibir.

      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dHZRLXk3VzFYZGhXaXNacGlMdGQyUmc6MQ

      Thank you

      3. Volunteers Needed to fill in for Mr. Bhikhubhai Patel while he is on vacation starting Dec 25th,2012

      We need volunteers' help to do daily ritual religious duties from 7 am to 11 am in the morning and 7pm to 9 pm in the evening.If you are willing for this duty,please write your name,ph.no,.e-mail add,any or all day from Mon-Sun,with the convinient time slot in the notice board near chandlo-counter or tell your availibility to Salil Bhojak.In the past we had the same situation and it has worked out nicely.

      4. Tender Care Community Outreach Program (TCCOP)-Sunday, December 16th TOY DRIVE

      Charity is not "giving" a DONATION..... of x amount of dollars, x minutes or x things....Charity is a feeling of contentment  that spreads in your heart when you are connected to the person you "help", a feeling that makes you feel worthy !!

      We are pleased to announce that a non profit organization - Share-a-smile is joining hands with TCCOP for this worthy cause.  Share-a-Smile is a non-profit organization, started in the year 2002, by a group of youngsters to help, nurture and create better life around us. The organization aims at doing regular activities, drives, workshops year around along with other reputed organizations working in the areas of Child development, Women Empowerment, Health Awareness etc.

      We have chosen 2 organization with whom we will closely work and make our donation to.

      1. Toy Loan Program, a division of LA County- It is a unique Toy Library, which supplies toys to 73 other smaller centers across LA. This program is an incentive based program which develops a sense of responsibility in children through the observance of an honor code and merit system that gives praise and recognition when toys are returned on time and undamaged.

      2. Nino Lations Unidos, Inc, is a private non-profit organization that recruits and trains Spanish speaking foster parents, and places Latino foster children in their homes, while monitoring their general welfare and attending to their many and varied bio-psycho-social needs, all under the guidance and supervision of the agency's multi-disciplinary professional staff.

      A Toy bin will be placed at the Temple from 10am-1pm on 16th Dec ,Sunday. We accept GENTLY USED and NEW toys.

      If anyone is interested in sponsoring an event or help us in any of our missions please contact us. If you wish, please send check payable to ACC, and mail to:

      TCCOP
      5405 Alton Parkway , Suite #5A-292
      Irvine , CA 92604
      Thank you in advance for your contributions.

      Please call 714-856-4256 or contact any of us at the following:
      Smita Doshi: smitadoshi@...<mailto:smitadoshi@...>
      Sachi Jain: sachijain311@...<mailto:sachijain311@...>
      Darshna Shah: dshsh50@...<mailto:dshsh50@...>
      Jayana Shah: jsdesigner@...<mailto:jsdesigner@...>
      Prafulla Shah: prafullashah@...mailto:prafullashah@...

      5. 2012 Donation Tax Deduction

      If you are planning to make donation towards your pledges or convert interest-free loan to donation for outstanding pledges before the year end in order to take tax deduction advantage in 2012, please take care of it as soon as possible or prior to December 31, 2012.

      You can take care of your donation payments in either of the following ways.

      1. In person: Kishor Shah, Treasurer or Pramod Shah, Secretary

      We will be available mostly on Sundays during December 2012 between 10 AM to 2 PM.

      2. Mail check to: (Prefer to receive mail by December 28, 2012)

      Jain Center of Southern California

      Attn: Treasurer

      P. O. Box 549

      Buena Park, CA 90621-0549

      Thank you for your continuous support to JCSC.

      Kishor Shah, Treasurer

      Email: kishor.shah@...

      Tel: (949) 395-0007

      6. Donations to JCSC by giving capital appreciated stocks/shares you own

      Just a reminder to our members that JCSC now has a Brokerage Account with TD Ameritrade. JCSC will be able to accept donations in Common Stock or Shares. JCSC members can minimize their capital tax liability by donating their much appreciated stocks/shares directly to the JCSC brokerage account with TD Ameritrade. Listed below are the necessary details to donate and transfer Shares from any financial institutions to JCSC brokerage account with TD Ameritrade:

      • Account # 864038267
      • DTC Code # 0188 (This number is required to transfer shares from your financial institution to JCSC account with TD Ameritrade).
      • JCSC Tax ID # 33-0612037 if needed.

      We encourage everyone to take advantage of this new avenue to support the JCSC by donating your much appreciated stocks/shares and minimize your tax liability for next year. If you have any questions regarding how to proceed with donation by Shares, please feel free to contact JCSC Treasurer Kishor Shah or Secretary Pramod Shah at their email below:

      Kishor.shah@...

      Pramod.shah@...

      On behalf of our Executive Committee we appreciate for your continuous support to our Jain Center [JCSC].

      7. JCSC 25th Anniversary Website and Facebook Released

      We are pleased to announce that JCSC has released the new website for JCSC 25th Anniversary with link from the Main Website - www.jaincenter.net. There is a link at the top which says '25th Anniversary' which will take members to the new website for the JCSC 25th Annivesary.

      Facebook page: Our Facebook page is ready as well. The link is given below. We will need somebody to manage/administer this page to keep posting content there. The link is below.

      https://www.facebook.com/jcsc25

      .

      8. Children Cultural Program preparations for the celebration of Mahavir Janm Kalyanak on Sunday, April 21, 2013

      Mahavir Janam Kalyanak will be celebrated at the Southern California Jain Center on Sunday April 21, 2013. As you know, Mahavir Janam Kalyanak is one of our biggest festivals and Children Cultural program is a major part of this day. We need to make sure that we are ready for a good, entertaining and professional program for that day.

      If you wish to perform during this cultural program, please review the below guidelines…

      1) No movie songs. Also, do not repeat items performed within past 3 years.

      2) Minimum # of 8 participants. No Solo items.

      3) A child can only participate in 1 performance.

      4) The number of plays/skits (any kind of mic set-up) will be limited to 3 and will be selected after the audition.

      5) Time limit for Dance/song is 5 minutes AND for Skit/Drama is

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)