Consolidated E Mails for the WE december 1st

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2012

      Jai Jinendra:

      There are
      8 E mails consolidated in this week's communication. The newer E mails are identified with RED FONTS. They are as follows:

      E Mails for the WE December 1st

      1. Religious Programs at JCSC during Nov. 2012

      2. General Body Meeting on Sunday, December 2, 2012

      3. Tender Community Care Program (TCCOP) Toy Drive on December 2nd and 16th

      4. Distribution of JCSC special calendar for Vikram Samvat 2069

      5. Namaskar Maha Mantra Shibir (Part 2) January 26-27, 2013

      6. Children Cultural Program preparations for the celebration of Mahavir Janm Kalyanak on Sunday, April 21st

      7. Toastmasters Youth Leadership Program at the Jain Center-New Session starts on Sunday, Jan 6, 2013

      8. Establishment of Center for Jain Studies at the Claremont Lincoln University

      1.Religious Programs at JCSC during Nov 2012

      Ongoing programs and events:

      JCYC &JSG Pathshala/Adult Swadhyay-10:30am-12:00Noon
      - Monthly Bhavna Bhakti from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm, on Nov 30th, Fri, 2012.
      There will be Prabhavna at Bhavna-Bhakti. Please Contact
      Dr Mahendra Shah at 714-369-8701 or
      E-mail @
      mahendra.shah@...If anybody wants to sponsor for prabhavna or those who wants to sing.
      -Weekly evening swadhyay-every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday from 8:30pm to 10 pm.

      -Tithi program (includes annual& life time)-daily Asthprakari puja at 7:30am to 9:30 am,
      Arti-Mangal Divo at 8:15 pm on week days and 7:30 pm on Sat/Sun/holidays.
      -Chundadi-daily in puja clothes, in the morning with receipt only.

      Upcoming Events:

      Pat darshan-11/28-actual, 12/2-to be observed.

      Annual Tithi

      11/30-Narendra& Charu Maniar- To celebrate birthday of Narendra Maniar

      Please note that we will have information religious programs during December in the next week's communication.

      2.  General Body Meeting on Sunday, December 2nd

      We will have General Body meeting from 11:00 AM, in Cultural Hall, after Pat Darshan, from 9:30AM -11AM.

      Following is the agenda for the meeting:

      1: Nomination Committee report for BOD & EC positions.
      2: Volunteers & EC/BOD members recognition-in coming & out going.
      3: Paryushan Report.

      4. JCSC 25th Anniversary Update
      4: President's Report.
      5: Other business.

      The meeting will be followed by Swamivatsalya lunch. The General Body Meeting is for all members and is a platform where you can meet entire EC/BOD at one place and provide your suggestions/comments or get any questions answered. So please
      mark your calender and make sure to attend this important meeting.

      3. Tender Community Care Program (TCCOP) Toy Drive on December 2nd and 16th

      TCCOP is conducting a TOY DRIVE on December 2nd and 16th.

      JCSC members are requested to bring a NEW UNUSED TOYS to the Derasar on December 2nd and 16th.

      Representatives of the TCCOP will collect the toys from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM on both days.

      Thank you for your kind generosity.

      4. Distribution of JCSC special calendar for Vikram Samvat 2069

      We will be distributing JCSC calendar for next year from Diwali to Diwali to  members who have not collected on Sunday, December 2,2012.

      We will give ONLY ONE calendar per family.

      5. Namaskar Maha Mantra Shibir (Part 2) January 26-27, 2013

      Those of you who attended the "Namaskar Maha Mantra" Shibir on October 20, 2012 and those of you who did not or could not attend that Shibir are going to get another chance on January 26/27 (Sat/Sun), 2013. We have received several requests for a Shibir of  this kind from our members. This is in continuation of the Part 1.

      After knowing the vast, deep and profound meaning of this "Maha Mantra", many of you must have experienced better understanding and as a result when chanting the "Navakar Mantra" felt you could do with more "BHAV" (
      ભાવ).

      Param Pujya Panyasji Maharaj Saheb has done profound thinking on "Navakar Mantra" and fortunately (
      આપણા મહદ પુણ્યના ઉદયે) we have his writings available to us. We have, therefore, decided that we should try and explore some more for our own spiritual benefit (આઘ્યાત્મિક  લાભ). This also will help us become a better person and our relationship with those who come into contact with us will improve for better.

      We are hopeful that you will take advantage of this opportunity to enrich by attending the Shibir with such enthusiasm that you all had shown last time.

      This is a TWO DAY Shibir and like last time, Breakfast, Lunch, Tea & Dinner will be served on BOTH days.

      Please click on the following link OR fill out the attached form to RSVP for Shibir.

      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dHZRLXk3VzFYZGhXaXNacGlMdGQyUmc6MQ

      Thank you..

      6. Children Cultural Program preparations for the celebration of Mahavir Janm Kalyanak on Sunday, April 21, 2013

      Mahavir Janam Kalyanak will be celebrated at the Southern California Jain Center on Sunday April 21, 2013. As you know, Mahavir Janam Kalyanak is one of our biggest festivals and Children Cultural program is a major part of this day. We need to make sure that we are ready for a good, entertaining and professional program for that day.

      If you wish to perform during this cultural program, please review the below guidelines…

      1) No movie songs. Also, do not repeat items performed within past 3 years.

      2) Minimum # of 8 participants. No Solo items.

      3) A child can only participate in 1 performance.

      4) The number of plays/skits (any kind of mic set-up) will be limited to 3 and will be selected after the audition.

      5) Time limit for Dance/song is 5 minutes AND for Skit/Drama is
      10 minutes.

      6) Each and every item will go through a selection process by the Selection committee. Judges decision will be final.

      7) Sequence of the events will be determined based on the variety of items and NOT by the age of Participants.

      8) Deadline to submit/register for participation is Sunday, December 16, 2012. Please specify and submit the following…..

      • Item type, Length and participants names
      • # of mics & stage/AV set-ups and a draft if performing a skits/plays
      • Original disk of the song/dance
      • Team lead for each item with contact information, only with whom we will communicate regarding the item.

      Please Register by sending an email to the contacts below by the December 16th deadline. We will email a confirmation receipt back.

      Other Tentative dates for which attendance is mandatory are----------

      Audition : Sunday, January, 20th 2013 @ 1:15 pm

      1st Rehearsal : Sunday, March, 17th 2013 @ 1:15pm

      Dress Rehearsal : Sunday, April 14th, 2013 @ 1:15pm

      Komal Desai on 949-784-4800 ppdkpdspd@...
      Kokila Doshi on
      714-851-6685 kdoshi31@...

      7. Toastmasters Youth Leadership Program at the Jain Center-New Session starts on Sunday, Jan 6, 2013

      The toastmasters Youth Leadership Program coaches 12-17 year olds in public speaking, communication and leadership skills.

      Start Date: Jan 06, 2012

      How Long: This is a 10 weeks program

      Meeting time: Sun mornings at 8:30 AM (first meeting on Jan 06) – weekly meetings (Every Sun)

      See this link for more info - http://letsconnect.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Toastmasters-Youth-Leadership-Program-Jan-2013.pdf

      Registration Deadline: Dec 30

      How to register? Send Name, Age, Email Address, Phone Number for participant to Deven.

      Deven’s Contact Info : Phone: 714.283.0470 – Email: Deven@...

      There will be opportunity to sign up at the booth in the snack area on Dec 2nd 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM

      8.  Establishment of Center for Jain Studies at the Claremont Lincoln University

      Attached please find a report on establishing Center for Jain Studies at Claremont Lincoln University . This is the first center of it's kind in California for sure, probably in USA .

      Thank you.