Consolidated E Mails for the WE November 10th

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2012

      Jai Jinendra:

      There are 10 E mails consolidated in this week's communication. The newer E mails are identified with RED FONTS. They are as follows:

      1. Diwali Program at the Jain Center – Nov 11-14, 2012

      2.Other regular Religious Programs at JCSC during Nov. 2012

      3. Lectures by Pandit Dhirajlal Mehta

      4. JCSC special calendar for Vikram Samvat 2069

      5. TCCOP's October activity report

      6. Bhakti Bhavna in the honor of Janma Divas of Param Krupalu Dev Shrimad Rajchandra

      7. Musical program organized by Senior Association – Sun Nov 18, 2012

      8. JCYC Diwali Picnic

      9. Flu Vaccine Shot at Radha Krishna Mandir in Norwalk

      10. GREEN FESTIVAL LA

      1. Diwali Program at the Jain Center – Nov 11-14, 2012

      11/11- Sun-DhanTeras-Dhan ni Murchha utarvi.

      11/11-Sun-JCSC Diwali Rangoli Competition

      11/12-Mon-Kali Chaudas-Mantra Sadhana Din-Pratikraman,

      11/13-Tue -Diwali-Shree Mahavir Swami Nirvana Kalyanak-

      7:30-9:30 am-Laddu Puja, Abhishek, different Puja, Aarti-with Nakro of $101 each.
      7:30-9:30 pm-Bhakti Bhavna, Aarti, Mangal Divo Aadesh for New year pledges.
      10:00pm-12:00am-&12-2 am-Mahavir Swami Nirvana Jaap.
      2:00am - 4:00am - Gautam Swami Kevalgyan Jaap.

      11/14-Wed-6:30 am-Dwar opening-boli

      7:00 am – Mangalik.
      8:00 am - Ashtprakari Puja-for each idol in Ghabhara & Panch Dhatu Pratimaji – boli.
      9:30 am - Snatra puja,aarti,mangal divo,shanti kalash,Shri Gautamswami Aarti – boli.
      8:30 am - 10:30 am-Navkarshi-by multiple sponcership for all expences of food.

      So far we have sponsorship by Dr Anila Guruji, Mahesh & Mala Sanghvi, Hemant Gandhi & Himat Oza.

      All boli items Aadesh will be given on 11/13, Tue, during bhavna bhakti.

      For Navkarshi sponsorship contact:
      kishor.shah@... or ph.h-949-360-9973.c-949-395-0007.

      2.Other regular Religious Programs at JCSC during Nov 2012

      Ongoing programs and events:

      - JCYC &JSG Pathsala/Adult Swadhyay-10:30am-12:00Noon- 11/18.
      - Chaudus pratikraman-Starts by 6:30 pm- 11/12,11/27(Dev Vandan).
      - Monthly Navkar Mantra Jaap & Snatra Puja-11/14 New Year.
      - Monthly Bhavna Bhakti from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm, on Nov 30th, Fri, 2012.
      There will be
      Prabhavna at Bhavna-Bhakti. Please Contact
      Dr Mahendra Shah at 714-369-8701 or
      E-mail @ mahendra.shah@...If anybody wants to sponsor for prabhavna or those who wants to sing.
      -Weekly evening swadhyay-every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday from 8:30pm to 10 pm.
      -Tithi program (includes annual& life time)-daily Asthprakari puja at 7:30am to 9:30 am,
      Arti-Mangal Divo at 8:15 pm on week days and 7:30 pm on Sat/Sun/holidays.
      -Chundadi-daily in puja clothes, in the morning with receipt only.

      Upcoming Events:

      Diwali Program-11/11 to 11/13,New Year-11/14,Gyan Panchmi-11/18,Pat darshan-11/28.

      Annual Tithi:

      11/11-Shah Sachin & Sejal - To celebrate birthday of Moksh.
      11/20-Dhariwal Nitin & Sapna- To celebrate birthday of Dhanya.

      Life Time Tithi:

      11/11-Shah Vijay & Neeta To honor Babulal's tithi & Lilaben.
      11/16-Shah Nilesh & Krina To honor Nanalal Chimanlal' tithi.
      11/18-Shah Dr Anila Guruji To honor Dinesh Guruji's tithi.
      11/28-Mehta Manibhai & Savitaben To honor Champaben Davanlal's tithi.

      Dignitary visits:

      11/20-11/25 - Dhirajlal Panditji.

      Details will follow.

      3. Lectures by Pandit Dhirajlal Mehta

      Please note that Panditji Shri Dhirajlal Mehta will be in LA during November 20 to 25 and we will have his Swadhyay as follows:

      Tuesday - Friday (Nov. 20-23):8:30 -10 pm at Aradhana hall

      Saturday - Sunday (Nov 24-25):10 am - 12 noon at Aradhana hall

      All these lectures can also be heard on the phone bridge as well.

      Please note that we will not have Monday Swadhyay on November 12 and two Tuesday Swadhyays (November 13 and 20)

      Monday Swadhyay will resume on November 19, Tuesday Swadhyay will resume on November 27 and Wednesday Swadhyay will resume on November 14th. There are two Sunday Swadhyay (10 am - 12:30 pm) on November 4 and 18 at Aradhana hall.

      4. JCSC special calendar for Vikram Samvat 2069

      We are publishing and distributing JCSC calendar for next year from Diwali to Diwali to all members, dignitaries, other Jain centers at Diwali Bhavna Bhakti on Tue 11/13/2012 an New Year Celebration on Wed 11/14/2012.

      We are trying to include all ongoing programs, special events, activities, tithis& dates, pictures, Sun-rise-Sun set timings, Choghdias, Derasar timings, address, phone. no, website and so many items as suggested.

      We are looking for sponsorship for $ 501, to print the names on the page of the month or any contribution for recognition.

      Please contact Dr Mahendra Shah, Savita Mehta, Hemendra Shah, Jayana Shah.

      5. TCCOP's   October activity report

      Tender Care Community Outreach Program (TCCOP) Update
      Subsidiary of ACC ( Anekant Community Center )

      We are happy to report that we have joined hands with different shelters now, which offers us more opportunities to serve and help. Every other Sunday (mostly on Pathsala days, we will serve Lunch/Grocery to a shelter in Buena Park, where they house about 50 homeless people and serve various needs of the community. You can sponsor a Sunday lunch for only $51.00 Please contact us, together we can celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, or any other special occasions meaningfully.

      We are continuing our weekly routine of serving breakfast and monthly dinners and visiting lonely patients and providing grocery when needed.

      We want to thank our sponsors from last month:

      1. Darshana & Sanat Shah

      2. Bina and Mukesh Doshi

      3. Shobha & Harshit Badani

      4. Bina & Mukesh Doshi

      5. Daxa Jain and Sudhir Kapadia for Long Beach Dinner

      Om November 18th we will be collecting gently used Christmas and Indian Wedding Decorations.

      If anyone is interested in sponsoring an event or help us in any of our missions please contact us. If you wish, please send check payable to ACC, and mail to:

      TCCOP

      5405 Alton Parkway, Suite #5A-292

      Irvine, CA 92604

      Thank you in advance for your contributions.

      Please call 714-856-4256 or contact any of us at the following:
      Smita Doshi:
      smitadoshi@...<mailto:smitadoshi@...>
      Sachi Jain:
      sachijain311@...<mailto:sachijain311@...>
      Darshna Shah:
      dshsh50@...<mailto:dshsh50@...>
      Jayana Shah:
      jsdesigner@...<mailto:jsdesigner@...>
      Prafulla Shah :
      prafullashah@...mailto:prafullashah@...

      6. Bhakti Bhavna in the honor of Janma Divas of Param Krupalu Dev Shrimad Rajchandra

      Auspicious occasion of Kartiki Purnima is on Wednesday  – November 28, 2012. This marks the Janma Divas of Param Krupalu Dev Shrimad Rajchandra. In honor of Krupalu Dev’s Janma Divas, we will have Bhakti Bhavna on Wednesday- November 28, 2012 in Aradhna Hall at Jain Center from  8:30PM-10:00PM

      Occasion :    Kartiki Punam - Krupalu Dev Janma Divas Bhakti Bhavna
      Day/Date:    Wednesday– November 28, 2012

      Time       :    8:30PM to 10:00 PM

      Bhakti Outline:

      1.Navkar Mantra

      2.Dev Vandan

      3. Manglacharan

      4. Bhakti Pads by Mumukshus

      5. Kshamapna

      6. Aarti

      7. Mangal Divo

      8. Aho Aho Shri Sadguru

      9. He Param Krupalu Dev

      Please contact Nikhil Dhami @ nikhil_dhami@ yahoo.com or Mahesh.Wadher@ gmail.com if you wish to participate in Bhakti Pads and also specify the Bhakti Pad you wish to take no later than Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012. This will give us enough time to finalize the bhakti pad list and make copies etc.

      Please come in time as we will start the Bhakti promptly at 8:30 PM.

      7. Musical program organized by Senior Association – Sun Nov 18, 2012

      Our Jain Senior Association has arranged a wonderful Musical program on Sunday, November 18, 2012, which will be presented by very popular, professional singers, Dipali and Vishal. Last year they had presented this type of Program at our Jain Center, and everyone had enjoyed it very much. We have arranged this wonderful program again with all popular songs. This being the last program of the year, we have kept the charge only $10.00, and all Jain Center members can also participate at the same charge, This cost includes the Dinner. We should have RSVP before November 11, 2012 so that proper food arrangements can be made. The Program will be at the Jain Center from 2.30 pm. Please RSVP to Kantibhai Shah / Haribhai Dedhia / Mahendrabhai Mehta.

      Musical Program on 18 November 2012
      At Jain center
      Start 2:30 PM
      Cost : $10.00 for each person.

      8. JCYC Diwali Picnic

      .

      When: November 10, 1-4 PM

      At Heritage Park (18600 Bloomfield Ave. Cerritos, CA 90703)

      There will be a lot of fun activities like Capture the flag, Kho, Cricket, Relay/3 leg race, etc.

      We will also have Diwali diya art.

      We request everybody to come for this exciting picnic.

      9. Flu Vaccine Shot at Radha Krishna Mandir in Norwalk

      Flu vaccine shots will be given at the Radha Krishna Mandir in Norwalk Sunday, November 18th between 2:00 to 5:00 PM PST. The address for the mandir is as follows:

      12634 Pioneer Blvd;

      Norwalk, CA

      10. GREEN FESTIVAL LA

      Saturday, November 17, 10 am - 7 pm, and Sunday, November 18, 11 am - 6
      pm. Los Angeles Convention Center , 1201 South Figueroa St. , Los Angeles ,
       CA 90015

       Celebrate sustainable solutions at LA Green Festival, November 17-18 at
       the LA Convention Center! Featured at the weekend-long event will be
       leaders in the community, including speakers: Amy Goodman, John Robbins
       and more! The festival will also feature entrepreneurs and activists,
       green business pavilion, vegetarian food court, kids activities, live
       cooking demos, DIY workshops, free yoga classes, and a unique
       marketplace of more than 300 eco-friendly businesses, featuring the
       latest and greatest in sustainable products and services.

       Discounts Available online (see link below). Dozens of opportunities for
       free admission, including free admission with 2 hours of volunteer work.

       Click here for more info: http://www.greenfestivals.org

       For additional festival information, arranging carpools and transit
       information contact Soumil Mehta at soumil@... or 805-455-9527

      Jain Center of Southern California

      White Marble Zone is Quiet Zone.
      Why be quiet?
      Jaylin and Stavan:
      "So God can hear us when we pray"

      For Latest news/updates please visit www.jaincenter.net

      714-523-5246 (JAIN)
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2012
         Jai Jinendra:

        There are 10  E mails consolidated in this week's communication. The newer E mails are identified with RED FONTS. They are as follows:

         E Mails for the WE November 17th

        1.Religious Programs at JCSC during Nov. 2012

        2. Lectures by Pandit Dhirajlal Mehta

        3. Distriubutiion of JCSC special calendar for Vikram Samvat 2069

        4. TCCOP Collection Drive for Christmas and Indian Wedding Decorations on Sunday, November 18th

        5. Bhakti Bhavna in the honor of Janma Divas of Param Krupalu Dev Shrimad Rajchandra

        6. Musical program organized by Senior Association – Sun Nov 18, 2012

        7. Namaskar Maha Mantra Shibir (Part 2) January 26-27, 2013

        8. Winter Camp Registration closed, but still accepting wait list

        9. Flu Vaccine Shots at Radha Krishna Mandir in Norwalk

        10. Green Festival LA

        1.Religious Programs at JCSC during Nov 2012

        Ongoing programs and events:

        JCYC &JSG Pathshala/Adult Swadhyay-10:30am-12:00Noon- 11/18.
        - Chaudus pratikraman-Starts by 6:30 pm- 11/27(Dev Vandan).
        - Monthly Bhavna Bhakti from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm, on Nov 30th, Fri, 2012.
        There will be Prabhavna at Bhavna-Bhakti. Please Contact
        Dr Mahendra Shah at 714-369-8701 or
        E-mail @ mahendra.shah@...If anybody wants to sponsor for prabhavna or those who wants to sing.
        -Weekly evening swadhyay-every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday from 8:30pm to 10 pm.
        -Tithi program (includes annual& life time)-daily Asthprakari puja at 7:30am to 9:30 am,
        Arti-Mangal Divo at 8:15 pm on week days and 7:30 pm on Sat/Sun/holidays.
        -Chundadi-daily in puja clothes, in the morning with receipt only.

        Upcoming Events:

        Gyan Panchmi-11/18

        Pat darshan-11/28.

        Annual Tithi:

[...]

        3. Distribution of JCSC special calendar for Vikram Samvat 2069

        We will be distributing JCSC calendar for next year from Diwali to Diwali to all members on Sunday, November 18th.

        We will give ONLY ONE calendar per family.

         4. TCCP Collection Drive for Christmas and Indian Wedding Decorations

        TCCOP will be be collecting gently used Christmas and Indian Wedding Decorations. on Sunday, November 18th.

[...]

        Those of you who attended the "Namaskar Maha Mantra" Shibir on October 20, 2012 and those of you who did not or could not attend that Shibir are going to get another chance on January 26/27 (Sat/Sun), 2013. We have received several requests for a Shibir of  this kind from our members. This is in continuation of the Part 1.

        After knowing the vast, deep and profound meaning of this "Maha Mantra", many of you must have experienced better understanding and as a result when chanting the "Navakar Mantra" felt you could do with more "BHAV" (
        ભાવ).

        Param Pujya Panyasji Maharaj Saheb has done profound thinking on "Navakar Mantra" and fortunately (
        આપણા મહદ પુણ્યના ઉદયે) we have his writings available to us. We have, therefore, decided that we should try and explore some more for our own spiritual benefit (આઘ્યાત્મિક  લાભ). This also will help us become a better person and our relationship with those who come into contact with us will improve for better.

        We are hopeful that you will take advantage of this opportunity to enrich by attending the Shibir with such enthusiasm that you all had shown last time.

        This is a TWO DAY Shibir and like last time, Breakfast, Lunch, Tea & Dinner will be served on BOTH days.

        Please click on the following link OR fill out the form  shown below to RSVP for Shibir.

        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dHZRLXk3VzFYZGhXaXNacGlMdGQyUmc6MQ

        RSVP: Shibir - January 26-27, 2013

        Please RSVP here for "Shibir" to be held on January 26-27, 2013 at Jain Center of S. California. Please check all the meals for which each person will participate. Your support will avoid food wastage or shortage. Please enter "Submit" button at the bottom, when you are done. If you want to RSVP for more than three (3) people, use a new RSVP form.

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        ·

        8. Winter Camp Registration closed, but still accepting waitlist

        .We have closed our registration for the JCYC Winter Camp-2012. However, we want to give best possible time to as many students as we can. So, we are still accepting registration but will put them in our waiting list. We would confirm the final numbers on Sun Dec 2, 2012 - the day of the mandatory parent meeting for the Winter Camp.

        Please come to the Post Office Building Reception between 10:30AM and 12 Noon to complete registration process. The fee to be provided is $175.