Recent Earthquake in Chile

  • GORDHAN
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010

      Jai Jinendra,

      As we all know, a 8.8 magnitude earthquake struck the country of Chile on Saturday. Officials fear more than 700 people have died as a result of this major earthquake. The Red Cross reports thousands of displaced Chileans are homeless, without power, and without running water.

      At the time of this catastrophic tragedy for the country of Chile, we, Jains, believers of Jeevdaya (compassion for fellow living beings), need to come together and help the affected fellow human beings. It is our highest obligation to respond to the needs of helpless victims. All your donations are Tax Deductible.

      Jain Center will be setting up a Donation Desk on the coming Pathshala day - Sunday - March 7, 2010. We will be collecting various types of donations including Old/New Clothes, Sleeping bags,Blankets ,Canned Food in addition to monetary donations. Please come forward and help the victims who are in dire needs with your generous donations.

      You may also contact any committee members with any donations.

      Thank you,

      Jayesh Shah, MD
      President
      Post Office Box 549