Message from JAINA: 5th Annual Kellogg Jain Leadership Conference Siddhachalam, April 2-4, 2010

  • Nikhil Dhami
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2010
      Welcome to Jain Leadership
      Lodging and meals for two days included in one low price...
      Invitation by Dr. Dipak Jain (Past Dean of Kellogg Business School) to
      5thAnnual Kellogg Jain Leadership Conference
      Siddhachalam, April 2-4, 2010

      Jai Jinendra,
      This is an announcement for our 5thAnnual Kellogg conference sponsored by JAINA Leadership/Long Range Planning.

      We as Jains and Jain organizations must collectively share a unified vision of Jainism. Over the past four years JAINA's Long Range Planning Committee together with Jain leaders has developed a vision for the future of Jainism in North America. Dipak Jain, past Dean of Kellogg School of Management, invited Jain leaders from across USA and Canada to a historic first summit to discuss the future of Jainism in North America on April 15-17, 2005 at the Kellogg School of Business in Chicago. This landmark first meeting was followed up a year later by a second meeting that included over 65 leaders from JAINA and Jain Centers across the US and Canada. Led by Dipak Jain and Prem Jain, these four conferences introduced concepts of management and organization that can be applied to improving the performance and involvement of our Jain community.

      The attendees must have a passion to serve the Jain community. In previous conferences we have:
      - Shared a common vision and goals for future of Jainism in North America
      - Learned new unique skills to lead and execute on Jain projects
      - Expanded our leadership and communication skills
      - Met and exchanged ideas for best practices.

      This year, the conference's theme will be How to Deliver on a National Infrastructure for JAINISM in three key areas:
      1. Financial sustainability - short and long term
      2. Executive office - serving Jain community and the broader society
      3. Process of growing the local centers and JAINA through appreciative inquiry
           Discovery -> Dream -> Design -> Delivery
      To attend this conference, the following attendee background is recommended:
      - Strong interest in working on Jain projects in the future (up to 2 hours per week)
      - Skills and experience in non-profit project execution for at least 2 years
      - Strong communication skills
      - Knowledge of internet based applications such as email

      Help join us create the future we want for Jainism and JAINA in North America. If you would like to attend or get more information, please contact us at: mkjain@...,  shah.chintan.k@... Click Here to Register Now for the 2010 Jain Leadership Conference!!!

      Thank you,
      JAINA Leadership/Long Range Planning Team
      Dipak Doshi (IL), Sonia Ghelani (TX), Manoj Jain (TN), Prem Jain (CA)Yogendra Jain (MA), Manish Mehta (MI), Hema Pokharna (IL),
      Chintan Shah (MA), and others
      --
      Ashvin Mehta
      JAINA HEADQUARTERS