Details of Seva (Community Service) activites schedule for JAINA

  • Nikhil Dhami
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009

      Dear JAINA participants,

      We greatly need your help for the SEVA (community service) activities scheduled for this weekend. This will be the 1st JAINA convention to incorporate SEVA activities on site. Specifically, there are several activities scheduled for Friday and Saturday, where we need volunteers (children adults!) Community Service hours are available for all the seva activites. We need all the help possible to reach our goal!

      The website for signup as a volunteer for seva activities: http://fundamentales.org/jcseva

      The schedule of Seva Activities is as below:

      Friday, July 3rd at Crown plaza hotel (California room)

      Time: 1.30-5.30 PM
      Benefiting: Community Action Partnership of Orange county

      www.capoc.org

      This SEVA activity shall be filling 400 backpacks with school supplies for underprivileged students. There are a significant number of school children whose parents do not have the resources to provide this basic need for their children. The Community Action Partnership serves those children, and your volunteerism to this SEVA event will be greatly appreciated.

      Friday, July 3rd at JCSC

      Time: 1.30-5.30 PM
      Benifiting: Su Casa (Ending Domestic Violence)

      www.sucasadv.org

      This SEVA Activity shall be assembling 1,000 hygiene kits together for the homeless in LA and Orange County , as well as for the Su Casa Foundation, an organization that assists victims of domestic violence.

      Saturday, Jul 04 at the Crown Plaza hotel (California Room)

      Time: 1.30pm-5.30pm
      Benefiting: Kids Who Care Foundation

      www.kidswhocareclub.org

      Being in a hospital can be a scary, sad & a lonely experience for a child. Please help by making "Smile Packs" to bring a smile to a child’s face 1-18 years of age who are critically ill.

      Jaina 2009 & Kids Who Care Foundation are partnering up to bring smiles to 100 critically ill children at the hotel. We need children, teens and adults to volunteer their time to bring some happiness in a child’s life. You will help make 2,000 "cheer up cards, put 100 "card quilts" together, and pack 100 "smile pack" boxes with donated items such as DVDs, books, laser fingers, etc for hospitalized children.

      Saturday, July 4th at JCSC

      Time: 1.30-5.30 PM
      Benefiting: Homeless people in LA and Orange County

      We will make 500 blankets for the homeless, to keep them warm at night. Please help by volunteering your time to this very important cause. New blankets are greatly appreciated by the LA & OC Shelters.

      Thank you for your support.
      Seva Activity Committee for JAINA