Health update for Geeta Shah as of 04/04/2

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2007

      Health update for Geeta Shah as of 04/04/2007

      First, on behalf of my father, sister, and especially my mother, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your sincere and continued support to our family while my mom endures her sickness. We can not begin to express the words of appreciation we have for all of you and don�t know what my family would do without your help.

      On that note, I�d like to provide a brief update on the health status of my mom. As many of you know, she is now completely disabled and not able to ambulate much without some assistance. She is on hospice service now, which means that a team of health care workers (doctor, nurse, home health aide, etc) come to our home to provide care for my mom. The type of health care she is receiving is basically to give her comfort rather than seeking a cure for her illness.

      As you may have guessed, my mom is exhibiting all the symptoms of a patient who has end-stage malignant cancer, and her doctors do not think there is much time left (they are saying may be a few weeks). My mom is well aware of this sad news, and yet it is remarkable that she is mentally very strong and completely at peace with her prognosis. The strength of my mother in this regard is what gives the rest of our family strength to deal with unfortunate ordeal.

      Because of this, my mother, as well as the rest of our family, would love to see all the friends and family. Recently many of you have called to find out how my mom is feeling, and I had to inform you that she is not able to talk on the phone due to problems with dry mouth and mouth sores. However, you are all welcome to come to our home to visit my mom at your convenience. We humbly request the following:

      1. Please do not initiate conversation about the illness with my mom
      2. Please try to keep the conversation on a positive note
      3. Limit visiting hours to no later than 10 PM
      4. No visitors on Tuesdays to allow time for immediate family

      Once again, we sincerely appreciate all your help, understanding and continued support.

      Sincerely,

      Digish and Shah Family

      Post Office Box 549

      Buena Park, CA 90621

      714-523-5246

      Interest Rates Fall Again! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new payment