JAINA Convention 2005 - Early Registration DEADLINE EXTENDED to Feb. 15, 2005 - Pls. take advantage and register early
Dear JCSC Member:
JAINA Convention 2005 Board has extended the Early Registration Discount Fee deadline from January 31 to February 15, 2005 ($109/Adult and $59/Child). Please register now (do not wait until last minute as it may create system overload).
The decision to extend the deadline was necessitated due to technical difficulties with online registration system and delay in getting the Convention brochure (included in latest issue of Jain Digest) and other material, due to which many members have been unable to complete their registrations in time. As a result, all registrations will be offered a rate of $109/Adult and $ 59/Child (6-17) until February 15, 2005. The rates will go up on February 16, 2005 to $129/Adult and $69/Child.
The Convention Board expresses gratitude and thanks to all of you who made great effort to get their registration before the previous deadline. Your early registration has given us a better understanding of the requirements and will allow us to plan a more successful convention.
With more than 1200 members already registered we expect this to be a very large gathering of Jains from all across the world. This year's program highlights are not to be missed! The theme for JAINA Convention 2005 is "Extending Jain Heritage in Western Environment". Among the highlights of this convention are:
- To be held at Santa Clara Convention Center in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area
- Organized tours to San Francisco, Yosemite National Park, Carmel & Monterey Bay, San Jose Tech Museum and more
- A musical performance by Bollywood singer Anuradha Paudwal
- A Dandiya-Raas night with music by the famous Satellite Group of Bombay
- Inter-center cultural competition
- Jain cooking workshop by Tarla Dalal
- Jain Art Exhibition and sale of Jain paintings
- And above all, for the first time at JAINA - professional conference style parallel track programs covering the convention theme, religious discourses, hands-on workshops, special tracks for the young Jains, and more by world renowned scholars and academicians
- Special tracks for young Jains, including oratory contests, a track on "Growing up in America", and Bollywood aerobics
- JAINA Networking Forum sessions, including Table for Six, Cruise, and Musical Night!
- A parallel symposium on "Ahimsa and Aparigraha in Contemporary Context" to be held on July 3 sponsored by Ahimsa Center of California Polytechnic State University at Pomona.
- There will be special sessions and events for children under 13 so that the parents will be able to attend the sessions.
Please click here to online at: http://secure.jaina.org
For JAINA Convention Board,
Kirit Daftary Girish Shah