Happy Birthday, Jim, plus two big announcements!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2008
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our beloved author, Jim Butcher! Hope you have a good one.

      To celebrate, here's some great news! From the Dabel Brothers' website:

      Jim Butcher's "The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle" hardcover
      graphic novel produced by Dabel Brothers and published by Del Rey hit
      stores everywhere on Oct 14th and it has taken off running!

      The book has cracked USA TODAY'S TOP 100 best selling books list at
      #90, and in fact, it would be on the New York Times' Bestselling List,
      but they do not currently include graphic novels in their count. The
      book also managed to hit #1 on Amazon.com for the most popular items
      in pop culture, which measures the best sellers in comics and graphic
      novels, and is updated on an hourly basis.

      Reviews of the book are up everywhere, and have been overwhelmingly
      positive. Read a bunch of them through the Dabel Brothers' website:
      http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=16&p2_articleid=25

      The graphic novel will soon be going into a second printing to satisfy
      demand. If you haven't already, go pick this book up!
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345507460/iagonet

      A warm thank you to to all our fans for their support on this book!

      And a reminder: there's only ONE WEEK LEFT to submit entries to the
      Dabel Brothers' Halloween Costume Contest! Get all the rules here:
      http://www.jim-butcher.com/news/000297.php

      There are some very exciting prizes involved, so don't let the
      NOVEMBER 1ST DEADLINE pass you by!

      Share your birthday wishes:
      http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,9470.0.html

      Discuss WttJ's success: