Announcing "Backup"!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2008
      We have a wealth of new info about "Backup," the hardcover chapbook
      being published by Subterranean Press!

      "Backup" is a novelette written by Jim Butcher and illustrated by
      comics legend Mike Mignola, best known for creating "Hellboy." Its
      length is tentatively set at 80 pages, and it will be published this
      Halloween in two editions, described below.

      "Let's get something clear right up front.

      I'm not Harry Dresden.

      Harry's a wizard. A genuine, honest-to-goodness wizard. He's Gandalf
      on crack and an IV of Red Bull, with a big leather coat and a .44
      revolver in his pocket. He'll spit in the eye of gods and demons alike
      if he thinks it needs to be done, and to hell with the
      consequences--and yet somehow my little brother manages to remain a
      decent human being.

      I'll be damned if I know how.

      But then, I'll be damned regardless.

      My name is Thomas Raith, and I'm a monster."

      So begins "Backup" a twelve thousand word novelette set in Jim
      Butcher's ultra-popular Dresden Files series. This time Harry's in
      trouble he knows nothing about, and it's up to his big brother Thomas
      to track him down and solve those little life-threatening difficulties
      without his little brother even noticing.

      "Backup" will be available via Subterranean Press in two unique editions:

      Limited: 500 signed numbered copies, bound in leather ($45)
      Trade: full cloth bound hardcover copies ($20)

      Place your pre-order:
      http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,5744.0.html

      Discuss this news on the forum:
      http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,5477.0.html