New Book Blurbs

    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2007
      Welcome to the new jbannounce list!

      Amazon.com brings us blurbs for Captain's Fury, fourth book in the
      Codex Alera, and "It's My Birthday Too," Jim's short story in the
      upcoming Many Bloody Returns. Here they are!

      Captain's Fury:

      After two years of bitter conflict with the hordes of invading Canim,
      Tavi of Calderon, now Captain of the First Aleran Legion, realizes
      that a peril far greater than the Canim exists-the terrifying Vord,
      who drove the savage Canim from their homeland. Now, Tavi must find a
      way to overcome the centuries-old animosities between Aleran and Cane
      if an alliance is to be forged against their mutual enemy. And he must
      lead his legion in defiance of the law, against friend and foe-before
      the hammerstroke of the Vord descends on them all.

      "It's My Birthday Too"

      New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher's crime-solving wizard
      Harry Dresden, of the Dresden Files novels, heads to a role-playing
      party to give his vampire brother a birthday present in "It's My
      Birthday Too," only to discover there are some bloodthirsty party
      crashers who don't share their brotherly love.

      Links:

      Captain's Fury (December 4):
      Preorder: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0451461894/iagonet
      Discuss: http://www.jim-butcher.com/bb/index.php/topic,3241.0.html

      Many Bloody Returns / It's My Birthday Too (September 4):
      Preorder: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0441015220/iagonet
      Discuss: http://www.jim-butcher.com/bb/index.php?topic=3261.0