Comic book concept art, distribution news!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2007
      The Dabel Brothers, publishers of the upcoming Dresden Files graphic
      novel, unveiled their new website today! Check out
      http://www.dabelbrothers.com Dresden fans will delight in the
      fantastic batch of concept art images, featuring Harry, Murphy,
      Morgan, Marcone, Bianca, Carmichael, and Kalshazzak the Toad Demon.

      The launch also coincided with a juicy new announcement: the Dabel
      Brothers have entered into a new distribution agreement with Del Rey,
      an imprint of Ballantine Books, to bring their products into the trade
      book market. In spring 2008, the popular literary comic book
      publisher will launch comic book adaptations of three major
      properties: New York Times bestselling author Dean Koontz's
      Frankenstein: Prodigal Son; Jim Butcher's bestselling The Dresden
      Files; and George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards. The graphic novel
      versions, to be distributed by Del Rey, will go on sale in summer/fall
      2008.

      The long-term arrangement will result in broader distribution for
      their graphic novels than they have had in the past, explains Ernst
      Dabel, President of Dabel Brothers Publishing. "While we will retain
      our autonomy and continue to operate as an individual company, we
      expect the Del Rey sales team to greatly expand our reach into such
      markets as libraries and independent bookstores."

      Read more at Newsarama!
      http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=136229
      Please sign up at Newsarama and show your support for Dabel Brothers
      and The Dresden Files by posting with your thoughts.

      Discuss this news on the forum:
      http://www.jim-butcher.com/bb/index.php?topic=5014.msg0