Re: CS-336 vs ES-335 Dot Reissue

  • wckoek
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 12:11 AM
      How does it sum up with a 335?
      I mean as in difference?

      --- In jazz_guitar@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Sachse" <rhythms_a_ning@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm coming in on this thread late, but I have a CS336 and I love it.
      > Very punchy, and also woody, and very resonant acoustically. I
      > like it better than any guitar I've owned.

    • Steve Sachse
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 12:27 AM
        --- In jazz_guitar@yahoogroups.com, "wckoek" <wckoek@...> wrote:

        > How does it sum up with a 335?
        > I mean as in difference?

        The body is smaller. They tried to 'combine a Les Paul with a 335'. I think it's punchier than
        a standard 335. Definitely lighter. They also tried to carve the inside more like their archtop
        guitars, and it's made from two solid pieces of wood. I like it better than the 335 because of
        the weight and punch, but overall they're very close IMO.