Alaivani.com Updates July 2, 2007- July 14, 2007

  • Jennifer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14 4:39 AM

      Dear Friends,

      Hope all are doing well and enjoying!  Welcome to two new members who have joined since the last posting.

      Enjoy the updates posted over the last two weeks!

      As you keep informed of topics on my website, if anything stikes you for follow up or a new topic to consider, do contact me and I can try to formulate a posting on that interest if possible!

      I appreciate your time spent on my blog!

      Jayanthi

      Herbal Health Bookshelf and Resource List

      Monday, July 02, 2007, 3:00:00 AMGo to full article
      Every first Monday of the month, I will publish a column on herbs. This will be the first column introducing the series. This is a listing of resources I study to get information on herbs. It will be updated on a sporadic basis.

      Fun Fridays Episode 1: Monk

      Friday, July 06, 2007, 3:00:00 AMGo to full article
      Let's start the weekend with a good laugh! Every first Friday of the month, I will share some of my favorite ways to laugh. This month let's talk about Monk!

      777 Special!

      Saturday, July 07, 2007, 1:00:00 AMGo to full article
      Today is July, 7, 2007- or in short 07/07/07. Take out the zeros and slashes, you have 777! Many believe 7 to be a lucky number, just ask gamblers at Las Vegas. Have you hit the jackpot today? Has your left hand been itching (a superstition foretelling getting unexpected money or presents)?

      Gosreepuresh Coffee Café, Mattancherry, Kochi, India

      Saturday, July 07, 2007, 3:00:00 AMGo to full article
      I love to visit small tea or coffee stalls. The price is nice (maybe Rs. 5 for a much smaller portion) and the feeling of these small places is unique as compared to hotels and fancy coffee shops like Barista. Sure, you may, as a tourist (or even as a person who lives in India), but weary of the hygiene. But, the good news is coffee and tea is made from boiling water, so the water is fine.

      Kerala 2007 Photo Album Completed!

      Monday, July 09, 2007, 3:00:00 AMGo to full article
      See 13 albums of photos from our recent trip to Kerala, India!

      Femina's Interesting Household Tips

      Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 3:00:00 AMGo to full article
      One fine day, while in Trivandrum this year, it rained heavily. We could not move outside. Since we had access to the Sainik school library materials, I spent some time reading an Indian ladies magazine, Femina. I particularly like to read the household tips section as the ladies submit many tips that are easy to do and based on natural cures (rather than using chemicals). I am sharing some here with you. I believe they are from the July 2007 issue, but unsure. They are listed in no particular order.

      Follow up Fridays - What is a Localvore?

      Yesterday, July 13, 2007, 3:00:00 AMGo to full article
      I will use the second Fridays of the month as appropriate (maybe not all months) to reflect on past posts based on feedback from browsers or my own experimentation with the information I have shared. This month, I will reflect on the posting "What is a Localvore?" from May 7, 2007.

      It's been just over two months since I posted this article. Though it's been a short time, I am affected by the food I eat daily, and due to this, I have continued to contemplate the ideas I posed in the article.

      Eggless Pancakes

      Today, July 14, 2007, 6 hours agoGo to full article
      For more ethnic and fusion recipes, join my yahoo group and browse recipes files. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jayanthishomepage/