Happy New Year 2007 - New Items to Jayanthi's Website

  • ilovemadras
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi Friends,

      Happy New Year 2007! Happy upcoming Pongal/Sankranti.

      I wish you happiness and fortune in the new year. I also wish you to
      be able to slow down and appreciate everything, especially the things
      that at first glance seem to be 'unfortunate'. 2006 has presented me
      with many such learnings. It's true that you're really tested in
      times of misfortune. How you look at a situation really can predict
      a good (much better) outcome. Luckily, there have not crisis
      situations as such, but I do have an example to share. We had
      planned for our first visit to India (Kerala) after marriage in June
      2006. However, as the days approached to leave- we had to cut short
      our trip from 4 weeks to 3 weeeks to 2 weeks to 10 days... to
      litterally one day before leaving, having to cancel it entirely. It
      was upsetting to both of us. We thought at that time it must be for
      the good, but what good? We planned a November trip. Between June
      and November, family members had moved closer to one another, and we
      could meet everyone much easier in November. In June, this could not
      have happened and we may have had to forgo some visits. Wow!
      Things really do happen for a reason. Keep your eyes and intuition
      open!

      So, new things to the site....

      Excerpts from our recent trip to Kerala, India -
      http://members.tripod.com/jennifer_polan/kerala2006.html

      My father in law and I have created a Malayalam/American Calendar.
      This is a multifaith/multicultural calendar with US/Indian government
      holidays and holidays of major religions- Hindu, Christian, Sikh,
      Jain, Muslim
      Click the link to see the preview-
      http://members.tripod.com/jennifer_polan/PREVIEW2.pdf
      If you'd like a full 12-month calendar- order it at lulu.com-
      http://stores.lulu.com/jenkumar

      Read two more articles I had written for zine5.com in past few
      months:
      Getting Old (10/06) - http://www.zine5.com/interactive/index.php?
      name=News&file=article&sid=1327
      Listen Without Judgement (11/06) -
      http://www.zine5.com/interactive/index.php?
      name=News&file=article&sid=1339

      Plenty of photos India posted in my yahooo group site -
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jayanthishomepage

      Additional India photos and more scenic shots on my husband's flicker
      site - http://flickr.com/photos/kris_kumar

      Enjoy and Keep in touch!
      Jayanthi

      PS. If you have trouble with viewing my articles on zine5.com- try this link- http://www.zine5.com/interactive/index.php and on the left side menu under Wednesday, click on topic "No Mistakes, Only Lessons" to see the listing of all articles I have published there till date.