Savanah Skirmish

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2012
      Thought I would give the group a heads up on this event. This is an event fearturing "classic" (hex and counter) style wargames at our local country club. If you want to try some hard core games, this is the place to be... If you want to come, drop me a PM with your contact info so I can pass it on to Chris Easter.

      We have selected the dates of September 21-23 for this premier annual Savannah event. There is no charge to attend this event although we do need participants to "support" the Club Venue by purchasing the buffet meals that will be served once each day. Our venue will once again be the Savannah Quarters Country Club (SQCC) located just west of beautiful Savannah, Georgia. This event serves as an opportunity for gamers in the Southeast to get together for a weekend focused primarily on wargames with a mix of other games thrown in for good measure. We have ample room for up to 60 gamers and most of the gaming is open format. We do have room to setup some monster games if there is enough interest and you let us know in advance so we can set aside the space.

      There are quite a few hotels located near SQCC with a broad range of amenities and rates. This event is being hosted by Chris Easter. if you want to, drop me a PM with your contact info and I will pass it on so he can put you on the guest list.

      Friday-Sunday

      Sep 21 9:00am – 9:00pm (dinner buffet @ 6:00-7:30pm) $20 per person includes tax & gratuity and should be paid to Chris via cash or check

      Sep 22 9:00am – 8:00pm (lunch buffet @ 12:00-1:30pm) $20 per person includes tax & gratuity and should be paid to Chris via cash or check

      Sep 23 9:00am – 5:00pm (Sunday Brunch @ 10:30am-2:00pm) $13.95 per person includes tax & gratuity and on Sunday should be paid via Credit or Debit Card (an outstanding brunch including a wide variety of selections including salads, soups, eggs to order, fruits, omlette station, waffle station, danishes, etc...you will not be disappointed!)

      I will be collecting the cash/checks for the Friday/Saturday buffets. For the Sunday buffet as well as any alcohol or other beverage purchases (other than Tea/Water with the Fri/Sat buffets) you will need to use your Credit/Debit card.

      Dress Code - "Country Club Casual", everyone needs to wear a collared shirt. Nice shorts, slacks, and jeans are all fine. Beach/Pool type sandals are not allowed in the clubhouse but "dressier" sandals are fine. If you have any questions on the dress code please let me know.