Time to breathe new life into the group

  • Jon Skeet
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      I'm afraid it's been a while since I've paid much attention to any of
      this. Has anyone else been thinking about it any further? At the last
      count, I believe we had a few disagreements about how parameters were
      going to be handled, and apparently some internal Sun API for 1.5 to do
      with handling generic resources was possibly going to be used. Neal, has
      that API gone any further, as far as you know? Is it still relevant?

      I'd stil very much like this to happen :)

      Cheers,
      Jon
    • Neal Gafter
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2001
        --- In javax_compiler@y..., "Jon Skeet" <jon.skeet@p...> wrote:
        > Neal, has that API gone any further, as far as you know? Is it
        > still relevant?
        >
        > I'd stil very much like this to happen :)

        I think we've gone about as far as we can using this forum and
        with limited knowledge of what will be included in 1.5. If this
        is to become an official API, it needs to go through the Java
        Community Process. The next step will be for me to start a JSR
        on the topic and gather together a small group to work on the
        specification. I expect to do that in a couple of months. I
        will post a notice on this forum when that happens.