RE: [javax_compiler] Re: sun.tools.javac.Main will be removed from JDK1.4

  • Conor MacNeill
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2001
      Neal,

      I am considering what will be involved in loading javac into its own
      classloader. For this to be effective, I believe tools.jar cannot be on the
      system classpath as the classloader will just delegate to the system loader.
      We can play some tricks around that, I guess, but they are a little risky.

      What I would like to know is whether there is any standard for where the
      compiler classes are located. Are they always in tools.jar. Also is there
      some standard for where to find tools.jar. I had the impression that on some
      OSs (Mac OSX?), the compiler classes are in the boot classpath. Not sure
      exactly.

      Thanks
      Conor