File system abstraction from NetBeans...

  • Neal Gafter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001
      It seems some of what we're aiming for has already been done.
      javac has been integrated into NetBeans and includes an interface
      to a file system abstraction. See

      http://openide.netbeans.org/fs/

      I've invited the developers to this discussion board, and I'll
      see how much of their modifications to javac we can use.
    • Pier P. Fumagalli
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001
        Neal Gafter at Neal.Gafter@... wrote:

        > It seems some of what we're aiming for has already been done.
        > javac has been integrated into NetBeans and includes an interface
        > to a file system abstraction. See
        >
        > http://openide.netbeans.org/fs/
        >
        > I've invited the developers to this discussion board, and I'll
        > see how much of their modifications to javac we can use.

        Yes, I thought you knew about them... Sorry. :)

        They basically did a bunch of stuff that we (as Apache) need, the only
        problem is that our distribution policy clashes with Sun's license
        requirement (we won't do a click-and-download kind of thing), and so, we
        were never able to get their sources back... It all stalled for those legal
        issues (that will fly away in case the "original" javac supported some of
        those features) :)

        Pier