83JSR199: JavaTM Compiler API - open for nominations of experts

  • Neal M Gafter
    Nov 19, 2002
      The Java(tm) Compiler API has entered the Java Community Process.
      It is JSR 199. See

      <http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=199>

      We are now accepting nominees for experts. If you or your
      organization would like to participate in the definition of
      this API, please fill out a nomination form on that page.

      If your only interest is in following the progress of the expert
      group as we work, you can join (or remain on) the mailing list
      javax_compiler@yahoogroups.com. To join that list, visit

      I expect to post periodic updates on our progress. Otherwise the
      mailing list should see very low mail volume. I would like to
      keep the expert group small, and include mainly people who will
      be either using the API or implementing it. When you fill out
      the nomination form, please also describe how you hope use the
      API. I expect that the expert group will do most (perhaps all)
      of its work by email.

      In order to join an expert group, you must be either a JCP member
      or be covered under the "Individual Expert Participation Agreement".
      For more information, see

      <http://www.jcp.org/en/participation/membership>

      Regards,
      Neal Gafter