Re: Help regarding Registry Problem ...

  • rifaqatalishah
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      Salam..

      Which operating system do u have? if it is Win98 then try to restore
      registry from Real-Dos mode.. but earlier date's registry.. (if u
      haventtried it yet) for the safety, backup the rb*.cab files from %
      windir%\Sysbckup... before restoration process..

      if u have no success then there is an other workaround I guess.. in
      dos mode.. rename ur notepad.exe to something else, and make a copy
      of regedit.exe to notepad.exe (and do same with wmplayer.exe and
      explorer.exe in first failure) .. then restart.. run regedit.exe and
      undo ur stupidity ;)..

      If u havent succeeded yet, then give me more detail about OS.. and
      if u can, send me User.dat .. and last but not least.. reformat and
      reinstall ur windows :)..

      Good Luck
      Allah Hafiz
      Rifaqat Ali Shah