Need Help

  • Zia Khan
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
      If you need help in understanding any topic, just come to CTC on Tuesdays between 4:00 pm to 8:00 and the best faculty of OB will try to help you out. I am also their if you have any questions.
      For directions to CTC you can call 111-626211. Please note that CTC is near Hasan Square and next to National Stadium.
      UAN: 111-626211 (From anywhere in Pakistan)
      Mobile Tel: 0300-826-3374
    • anas aizaz
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 25, 2002
        Hi All Badarian
        Well i have a query tat how Seacrh Engine Database
        Works
        i have to make about 25 pages report in it so plz let
        me come t know the neccessary information by any means

        waiting for reply by now

        with regards
        Anas

        Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�
        http://movies.yahoo.com/
      • Shakeel Tariq
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 25, 2002

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30, 2002
            Assalm-0-Alaikum
            thans for Mr. Shaikl Tarriq
            can any one tell me more links about Web
            databases,email databases and serach engine databases
            plz tell me useful links so that i can get more
            knowldege

            ONE MORE THING THAT I WANT TO KNOW THAT WHAT IS EXAM
            FEES OF IBM UML PAPER PLZ! LET ME KNOW ASAP

            with regards
            Anas
            --- Shakeel Tariq <shakeeltariq@...> wrote:
            > Assalam-O-Alaikom !Here's a helpful document on
            > "Anatomy of a search Engine" (specially

            google)http://www7.scu.edu.au/programme/fullpapers/1921/com1921.htm---
            > anas aizaz wrote:> Hi All Badarian> Well i have a
            > query tat how Seacrh Engine Database> Works> i have
            > to make about 25 pages report in it so plz> let> me
            > come t know the neccessary information by any>
            > means> > waiting for reply by now> > with regards>
            > Anas> > > >
            http://greetings.yahoo.com/
          • Saadia Rehman
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 31, 2002

              Can anybody tell me that why is interrupt( ) method of Thread class called and what does it do.And if a thread gets interrupted then what does it mean?

              Do You Yahoo!?
              Yahoo! Greetings - send greetings for Easter, Passover
            • Shakeel Tariq
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 2 3:09 PM
                Assalam-O-Alaikom !

                Lets break your question apart, for simplicity...

                1) "why is interrupt( ) method of Thread class called"

                Interrupt() method is used (as the name implies) to
                interrupt a thread, when it is waiting, sleeping, or
                otherwise paused for a long time.

                interrupt() doesn't work for a blocking thread, for
                example, involved in I/O etc. (this was true for
                java.io package in JDK 1.3.x and below. NowJava 1.4
                contains a java.nio ("new I/O") with interruptible I/O
                classes.)

                2) Now,

                "what does it do"
                &
                "if a thread gets interrupted then what does it mean?"

                (asks the same thing..)

                the InterruptedException is thrown, hence the
                catch(InterruptedException e){} block in the
                interrupted thread's run() method is executed.

                hope this will help...

                Regards,
                Muhammad Shakeel
                VOBean - Lahore, Pakistan.

                --- Saadia Rehman <saadiarehman@...> wrote:

                > Can anybody tell me that why is interrupt( ) method
                > of Thread class called and what does it do.And if a
                > thread gets interrupted then what does it mean?

                http://taxes.yahoo.com/
              • kkj_poppy007
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 21, 2002
                  dear members AOA
                  the problem is that i have some softwares which are in .zip format
                  they are not running on my pc plz tell me what is the problem with it
                  and plz solve this problem
                  your thankful
                  Kkj
                  Signed "X"
                • Basit Khurshid
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 21, 2002
                    Dear KKJ

                    The most simple solution is that u UNZIP the softwares
                    and use them :))

                    Regards

                    Basit Khurshid

                    --- kkj_poppy007 <kkj_poppy007@...> wrote:
                    > dear members AOA
                    > the problem is that i have some softwares which are
                    > in .zip format
                    > they are not running on my pc plz tell me what is
                    > the problem with it
                    > and plz solve this problem
                    > your thankful
                    > Kkj
                    > Signed "X"

                    http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
                  • Faisal Bilwani
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 22, 2002
                      Dear Brother
                      Assalamoo Alekum

                      Dont worry
                      1. if u download this software so may be some error in downloading
                      use download acceleter and re-download.
                      2. if u copy from floppy then check your floppy and run scandisk on
                      your floppy and copy again it in your PC.
                      3. may be u have win-zip beta version 8.1 some error in it. u use old
                      version to unzip

                      if u can't solve this problem and your .zip file is small not loger
                      than 1 mb and u rely at me....then send me this .zip file i ll check
                      and re-send u.

                      and dont hesitate to ask any query.
                      Thanks, Faisal Bilwani. at your door. System Analyst and Programmer