He is indeed a true Pakistani

  • Zia Khan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004
      All of you must have heard the latest news about Dr. A.Q. Khan. I would like to just offer one prayer that God please give all of us the same courage and love of Pakistan as Dr. sahib has shown. He indeed is a true Pakistani and a man of honor. Today I am very proud that I belong to a nation which has such honorable people, who love their country so much.
      I just heard Ch. Shujaat on TV (GEO) in "Urdu": "Dr. A. Q. Khan is not corrupt at all, and what he has done for the country today is more then what he had done before" ;-). What this teaches us is no matter how much trouble you are in, you should not resort to dirty politics, especially with someone who has done so much for the country, even if the excuse is "patriotism".
      It is critical at this stage that we put this behind us, however I suspect that it is not going to be that easy, otherwise they would not have started it. Hopefully, there are three parties involved in this deal. CNN news (see link below) is giving a clue that it may be a three way deal. However, the Reuters news is showing that it only is a two way deal, and our people are just hoping that it will go away, with the help of sacrifice Dr. Sahib gave today.
      Zia U. Khan, Karachi, Pakistan

      Note: Read between the lines the news posted by Reuters
      Abdul Qadeer Khan Takes the Rap for Leaks: ISLAMABAD, 04 Feb: Abdul Qadeer Khan made a dramatic personal apology today for leaking atomic secrets, the latest twist in a proliferation scandal stretching from Libya to North Korea. In a somber address on state television, Khan, absolved the government and fellow scientists of any blame in an apparent bid by all concerned to draw a line under the damaging affair. Commentators said his confession smacked of a cover-up, possibly part of a wider agreement to spare the powerful military unwanted scrutiny in any trial and allow President Pervez Musharraf to avoid pressure from Islamists and nationalists. "My dear brothers and sisters, I have chosen to appear before you to offer my deepest regrets and unqualified apologies," Khan said on state-run Pakistan Television. "There was never ever any kind of authorization for these activities by the government. I take full responsibility for my actions and seek your pardon," the silver-haired 69-year-old added, speaking in English. Western diplomats and many Pakistanis believe Khan could not have sold nuclear secrets and sent technology for enriching uranium abroad without the knowledge of top military officials.An open trial of Khan could lead to embarrassing evidence implicating the army, which Musharraf heads, and make a national martyr of the scientist. Analysts say Musharraf may have agreed to pardon Khan in return for his apology. "There is no doubt that it is a cover-up," said Shahid-ur-Rehman, a Pakistani journalist and nuclear expert. But he warned that Khan's statement may not end the scandal. "Has there been any violation of international law and will the international community accept the appeal of clemency, if the Pakistani government grants it?" he added.    (Reuters) (Posted @ 22:20 PST)

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Zia Khan

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2004
          AS'SALAM O ALAIQUM,

          I'M PART OF THIS GROUP SINCE LAST CPL OF MONTHS BUT A
          SILENT VIEWER N FEEL PROUD TO BE PART OF THE PAKISTANI
          NET GROUP THT PROMOTES N PROPAGATES THE MODERN
          TECHNOLOGY.

          NEVER BEEN TO THE OPERATION BADAR CENTERS AND A
          PAKISTANI LIVING ABROAD. I'M NOT A PERSON INVOLVED IN
          THE I.T. SECTOR BUT COMPUTER IS PART OF MY LIFE AND
          PASSION SINCE THE BSOD {Blue Screen Of Death}. I HEARD
          FROM THE PEOPLE AND FRIEND CIRCLE N CAN ATLEAST SAY
          THT OPERATION BADAR HAS GIVEN A PLATFORM TO THE
          TECHNICAL NEWBIES TO LEARN THE I.T. TECHNIQUES,
          PROGRAMMING LOGICS {SOFTWARE} N HAS GIVEN THEM A
          CHANCE TO CONTRIBUTE N SHARE THE TALENT/CAPABILITY.
          WELL DONE MR. ZIA N EVRY MMBR OF THE GROUP FOR TAKING
          THE INITIATIVE N KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB.

          NOW I WLD LIKE TO ATTEND TO THE TOPIC OF DR. A.Q. KHAN
          WHO IS BEING ACCUSED N UNDER PRESURE {MY POINT IF
          VIEW} GIVEN A STATAMENT IN WHICH HE HAS ADMITTED OF
          BEING INVOLVED IN SHARING THE NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY AND
          SUPPLY OF URANIUM TO LIBIYA N IRAN.

          FIRST OF ALL THE GOVT. OF IRAN N LIBIYA SHLD FEEL
          SHAME ON CALLING THEMSELVES AS MUSLIM COUNTRIES AND IF
          IN CASE DR. A.Q. KHAN IS INVOLVED WHICHI DON'T BLV THT
          A SINGLE PERSON CAN DO IT W/OUT THE HELP OF THE GOVT.
          OR HIGHER RANKED OFFICIALS {EITHER GOVT OR ARMED
          FORCES}. EVERY BODY KNOWS FROM WHERE WE GOT THE
          NUCLEAR CAPABILITY N IT'S A VERY OBVIOUS FACT THT
          MAKING PAKISTAN A COUNTRY OF NUCLEAR CAPABILITY IS THE
          BRAIN CHILD OF DR. A.Q. KHAN N Z.A. BHUTTO MUST BE
          GIVEN SOME CREDIT TO TAKE THE INITITIVE TOWARDS A
          STRONGER PAKISTAN.

          THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND OR SHLD NOT BE IN ANY OF
          PAKISTANI'S MIND THAT DR. A.Q. KHAN IS A MAN OF HONOR
          N AFTER QUAID-E-AZAM MUHAMMED ALI JINNAH I RESPECT
          THIS PERSON A LOT. DON'T TAKE ME WRONG AS I HV A
          REASON TO SAY THT N THAT IS:

          QUAID-E-AZAM MUHAMMED ALI JINNAH AND HIS FELLOW GROUP
          MEMEBER HAS GIVEN US PAKISTAN, A INDEPENDENT COUNTRY
          TO LIVE IN AS PER OUR WILL AND AS PER OUR RELIGIOUS
          TRADITIONS.

          DR. ABDUL QADEER KHAN HAS GIVEN US THE NUCLEAR
          TECHNOLOGY/CAPABILITY WHICH ASSURED TO THE PEOPLE OF
          THIS FREE COUNTRY THE GUARANTEE TO BE SAFE AND
          PROTECTED. BY THE GRACE OF ALMIGHTY ALLAH WE ARE A
          NATION WITH INTEGRITY AND KNOW HOW TO PROTECT/DEFEND
          THE COUNTRY. THE WORLD KNOWS US AS THE 8TH NATION AND
          THE ONLY MUSLIM COUNTRY WITH NUCLEAR CAPABILITY.
          ISN'T THAT A REASON OF PRIDE THAT WE PAKISTANI'S ARE
          BLESSED BY SUCH CAPABLE AND PATRIOT'S LIKE DR. A.Q.
          KHAN BY WHOSE HARD WORK WE ARE A PROUD NATION.

          WHATEVER IS THE REASON DR. A.Q. KHAN IS AND WILL
          REMAIN A PERSON OF PRIDE AND CAPABILITY. WE SALUTE HIS
          GREATNESS AND JOB DONE, PRAY TO ALMIGHTY ALLAH FOR HIS
          BETTERMENT AND HOPE THT PAKISTANI LEADERS WILL REGRET
          ON ACCUSING TO A PERSON WITH SUCH NOBLE DEED. PLEASE
          PEOPLE DON'T GET DISHEARTED WITH SUCH THINGS AND WE
          SHOULD NOT FEEL DEPRESSED AND STOP THE NICE JOB FOR
          OUR NATION BUT KEEP ON GOING. BE PAKISTANI AND WORK
          HARDER AND SMARTER TO BUILD PAKISTAN A BETTER AND
          STRONGER PAKISTAN.

          LIBIYA AND IRAN REMINDS ME OF THE "MIR JAAFER" AND THE
          LEADERS OF THOSE NATIONS SHLD FEEL SHAME ON SUCH
          COWARDICE AND DEFYING NATURE. A/WAY WE SHLD FIRST WORK
          FOR OUR OWN COUNTRY AND THE INTEGRITY OF THE NATION IS
          MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY OTHER COUNTRY. ARAB'S HV NEVER
          TREATED US AS BROTHER SO WHY THE HELL WE HV PAIN.....
          FOR THEM. STILL THEY CALL US "KHARJI" OR "AJNABY" IN
          THEIR COUNTRY.... SO BETTER TO BUILD OURSELF FIRST
          THEN GO TO HELP OTHERS.. REMEMBER WHEN THERE IS FIRE
          FIRST THING TO DO IS TO SAVE OUR OWN HOUSE...

          IN THE END I WLD LIKE TO REQUEST THE LEADER OF OUR
          COUNTRY TO NOT MIS-USE THE POWER.

          RGRDS: NAJAM

          http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/02/04/pakistan.nuclear/index.html

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html