dynamic links

  • Josh Lynn
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2001
      I've got a javascript rotating banner, and I need to have links that rotate
      with the banner, is there any way to do this. (the banner is an active link,
      and the url it goes to needs to change with the image.)

      please help asap!

      thanks
      -josh
    • Donald Arnett
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2001
        I've never used an 'active link' so maybe this doesn't apply. But if your
        link is thru an <A> HTML tag, you should be able to use javascript to change
        the href attribute. It'll help if you have a name attribute in the A tag.
        For example if your A tag looks like:

        In the javascript code that is changing the banner image, you'd add code
        like:

        bannerlink.href="http://link2"

        Depending upon the circumstances, you may need something like:

        document.forms[0].bannerlink.href=

        If this doesn't help, maybe if you include a link to your page or a copy of
        the javascript that controls the images and the link.