Form Validation and Submission using an Image Button

  • Ben Neale
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
      I wonder if anyone can help...

      I would like an image button to run a script which validates and then
      submites a form. Because the submit() method does not trigger the
      onSubmit event handler, the only way to do this is to use an onClick
      on the Image Button, which runs the a validation script, which ends
      with a document.form.submit()

      Unfortunately, Internet Explorer does not seem to support this. It
      works fine on Netscape.

      Can anyone think of a workaround for this problem.

      Ben
    • Vigge
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
        did you put the onSubmit event handler in the <FORM> tag?