Obtaining browser name. (fwd)

  • Gordon Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hello - Quick question.

      What is the function to find out the name of a browser ?

      e.g. "Explorer" / "Navigator" - or "unix"

      (weve got a choice of Explorer or a unix based browser..)

      I want to know how I can know which one a user is browsing in.

      Ive tried Window.appName but thats not what I want.

      p.s. please include full one-line code - not just the command-name.

      -

      Gordon Stewart,

      allperl-subscribe@onelist.com needs more 'experts' & non-experts.
      This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this space
      has nothing but text explaining that this space would otherwise have been
      left blank, and would otherwise have been left blank.

      -