Re: twice "action="

  • Marco Mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 1996
      Hiya,
      I am a complete novice at JavaScript, but can't you just write a function
      (eg. dotwo(mailrecipient, url)), in the function you write the mailto and
      then the link to the new window.
      now in the ACTION code of the form you put
      ACTION="dotwo('snake@...', 'http://www.snake.ml.org/snake')"
      if you can't get it to work like this let me know and I'll try and put the
      code together!
      Thanks,
      Snake
      FREE Web Design: http://www.spwd.base.org
      Offer only lasts a short time!

      ----------
      > From: cybertrucker@...
      > To: javascript@onelist.com
      > Subject: [javascript] Re: twice "action="
      > Date: 14 September 1998 20:46
      >
      > From: cybertrucker@...
      >

      > ---- you wrote:
      > > From: "Harry van Rees" <harryvanrees@...>
      > >
      > > sing JavaScript I can use this code: ACTION= and than something like a
      > > link or e-mail address. But can I use two Action's like both sending
      > > e-mail and following a link?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > Harry.
      > >

      > I'm not a very experienced user of javascript, but from what I've read
      and tried I think you can, not in the "Action=" but in the "onClick =". I
      assume you want to send the email without any other user input, because
      otherwise you'd be in two places at once, ie at the new link page and on a
      "send email" page. I think there's two ways of doing it. In the onClick =
      "code" statement you can put as many statements as you like, as long as
      they're separated by semicolons, so you could try that. Alternatively call
      a subroutine. Once in a subroutine you can do anything you like!

      > Hope this helps. Incidentally, there's a pretty good online tutorial from
      Netscape at
      http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/jsguide4/