Web Alignment Google Group/Code site

  • Ted Husted
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      To help further alignment between Java web application frameworks, as
      well as web application frameworks for any platform, I've setup a
      Google Code site as a place to "describe and design cross-platform
      technologies that pertain to web application development and deployment."

      For some time now, I've spent half my time working in .NET, which
      probably won't change for another year or two, and so working on
      cross-platform technologies is of great interest to me.

      I've been working on a draft specification for "Heuristic
      Request/Response Mappings", based on technologies used by Rails,
      Struts, Stripes, and perhaps some others I don't know about.

      The central idea is that instead of creating explicit mappings, the
      framework applies a series of heuristic transformations to match a URI
      with a code component and a view component.

      The first part of the draft is available here:

      * http://code.google.com/p/web-alignment-group/wiki/WAG_RFC_001

      Before doing any more work on the description, I'd be very interested
      on feedback as to whether I'm making any sense, or whether the draft
      has turned into opaque gibberish :)

      I should mention that while based on the Struts 2 SmartURLs and
      CodeBehind plugins, the description goes beyond what either can do
      right now.

      -Ted.