First playable J2ME version...

  • Andreas Rueckert
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hi!

      I was somewhat shocked, when I remove the NullPointerException and tested the
      binary. JC actually responded to my move! So I played 5 or 6 moves on the Nokia
      emulator and it seemed to work ok. No great, since too many features, like the
      permanent brain, are still outcommented, but it worked ok.
      How to proceed further? According to ESRs mantra
      ('Release early, release often'), we should upload something soon? Might help
      us to get some more developers for the J2ME version, since it seems there are
      not too many Opensource J2ME projects out there?
      Harald, could be announce something on the website?
      I wonder how to handle the Freshmeat stuff...start a new project or maybe a
      port or branch? Anyone with more experience in the house?

      Ciao,
      Andreas
    • Harald Faber
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        Hallo Andreas,

        > Hi!
        > I was somewhat shocked, when I remove the NullPointerException and tested the
        > binary. JC actually responded to my move! So I played 5 or 6 moves on the Nokia
        > emulator and it seemed to work ok. No great, since too many features, like the
        > permanent brain, are still outcommented, but it worked ok.
        > How to proceed further? According to ESRs mantra
        > ('Release early, release often'), we should upload something soon? Might help
        > us to get some more developers for the J2ME version, since it seems there are
        > not too many Opensource J2ME projects out there?
        > Harald, could be announce something on the website?
        > Ciao,
        > Andreas

        Of course, when I'll be back from Munich.

        --
        Gruss,
        Harald