Re: [jasspa] Re: Wiki Down

  • Jeremy Cowgar
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004
      Dr. Detlef Groth (dgroth@...) wrote:

      > Hello Jeremy,
      >
      > that's really a pitty and a reason more for me to stay at my `one file
      > = one wiki' approach with tclkits wikit. A backup ist just copying of
      > that one file to a trusted floppy.

      Well, it's actually as simple as doing something like ssh user@host -c
      "mysqldump microemacs" > microemacs.sql however, I thought all that was being
      done for me.

      Further investigation into the problem yeilded that we could have saved our
      data with no problems, but our web provider (leased server) would not do
      anything out of the ordinary. When they have a hack attempt, they reinstall.
      They would not put a disk in and copy our /var/mysql/data directory off. It
      really upset me and we are no longer hosting a server with them over this, and
      their ellusive "We maintain all backups" section.

      Regardless, I am sorry for the time that you all put into the wiki and the
      result.

      Jeremy