zaurus port follow-up

  • Pierre Gaston
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2004
      keys problem:
      _ SHIFT_R was producing an extra char, this was due to a bad xmodmap
      mapping

      _ The "Fn" keys produce an extra char. The Fn key is mapped to Mode_switch.
      FIX: in unixterm.c add before "goto ignore_key; " (line 1663) a
      "case XK_Mode_switch: "

      In linux this keysym is in general mapped to "AltGr" to produce
      international characters. (like accented char, euro symbol etc...)

      Some maybe ingnoring Mode_switch could also benefit other platform as well?

      Apart from that the only modifications needed are in the macro files:
      - resizing the frame so that it is smaller by default
      - stripping the whitespace in the menu labels so that it fits inside the
      screen.

      I'am willing to provide a binary package containing the macros, due the
      very small number of changes required,
      It might not be necessary to make another gmk file plus a specific macro
      file. (I can make the changes by hand for the
      binary and perhaps add a note in the Readme file or something.)

      Tell me what you think
      Thanks
      Pierre