Another possible improvement

  • first last
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2004
      One improvement to ME that I'd find very, very useful is to have a
      history of the open files accessible with the up/down cursors, bash
      style.

      I find myself opening and closing the same files often, and it would be
      very useful.

      Even better if it remembers the files you opened (up to a certain
      limit) on the previous session(s) and replaces any previous occurence
      of the file with the latest one.

      Remembering between sessions should be configurable, off by default.

      What do you think of this?

      Gabriel

    • Bruno Sabin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2004
        Hello first,

        simply use Ctrl-Up and Ctrl-Down

        Kind regards,

        Bruno
        Bruno Sabin Parametric Technology Corp.

        Visits always give pleasure -
        if not the arrival, the departure.
        -Portuguese Proverb

        mailto:bsabin@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2004
          Bruno Sabin wrote:

          > simply use Ctrl-Up and Ctrl-Down

          This does not work if you have
          selected the file through the File Browser
          with the mouse etc. You will only find the
          last file that you opened from the command
          line. What you are looking at here is the
          history list, the 'moused' (for want of a better
          word) selected file is not inserted into
          the history list - maybe it should be ?

          The information contained in this email and in any attachments
          may be privileged and confidential.
          The information is designated solely for the attention and use of
          the intended recipient(s).
          If you are not the intended recipient(s), please be aware that any
          disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
          information is prohibited.
          by telephone or email immediately.