Re: [jasspa] Re: Possible Directory Browser enhancement

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 13, 2004
      Phillips, Steven wrote:

      > I believe this functionality can be achieved already. You are probably aware that ME supports multiple frames, what you may not be aware of is that it supports 2 different types of frames, an internal and external type where the external is the one that is known.
      >
      > The internal frame uses the same window to be displayed in, obviously only one frame can be viewed at any one time. Each frame is independent, i.e. the window state will be maintained so you could do:
      >
      > 1) 0 create-frame
      > 2) to 4) are the same
      >
      > 5?) delete-frame
      >
      > You can also swap between the 2 frames using the next-frame command. See docs on these commands for more info.

      Noted that in 2004 on Windoz

      0 create-frame

      seems to get the canvas size wrong vertically. Need to re-size
      the frame to get the message line back on the screen (think
      it is a math error similar to the old frame size bug we
      had earlier this year). I think to make this more useful
      from the macros then will also need a couple of
      macro variables for some state information i.e.

      $frame-id - Identification number of the frame this will
      reflect the order of creation. Frames do not
      have names, but do need to be identified so
      that macros can get back to where they were.
      A simple frame number would do it.

      $frame-flags - Information as to whether internal or external
      frame. Frame has focus or not.

      Probably can get away with just the 'flags' and say the L.S 16-bits
      is a frame id.

      The information contained in this email and in any attachments
      may be privileged and confidential.
      The information is designated solely for the attention and use of
      the intended recipient(s).
      If you are not the intended recipient(s), please be aware that any
      disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
      information is prohibited.
      by telephone or email immediately.
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 13, 2004
        Phillips, Steven wrote:
        <SNIP>

        > The internal frame uses the same window to be displayed in, obviously only one frame can be viewed at any one time. Each frame is independent, i.e. the window state will be maintained so you could do:
        >
        > 1) 0 create-frame
        > 2) to 4) are the same
        >
        > 5?) delete-frame
        >
        > You can also swap between the 2 frames using the next-frame command. See docs on these commands for more info.
        >
        > Steve

        Code fix for create-frame attached if required.