Problems binding Shift-Left-MouseKey to Multi menu (or any other!)

  • azynheira
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 12, 2004
      Hello All,

      I'm using latest Jan2004 release and found an interesting (feature!?)

      I'm not able to bind Shift-Left-MouseKey to Multi menu (or any other
      stuff). I've furtherly tested all key/mouse-key combinations and this
      seem to be the (only?) case of problem.

      I'm trying to fix the problem but in any case the bug report has been
      issued :=)

      Pedro
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 12, 2004
        azynheira wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > I'm using latest Jan2004 release and found an interesting (feature!?)
        >
        > I'm not able to bind Shift-Left-MouseKey to Multi menu (or any other
        > stuff). I've furtherly tested all key/mouse-key combinations and this
        > seem to be the (only?) case of problem.

        Works for me configured from user-setup.
        Have to restart after set binding. Does not
        work as I would expect though.

        Using 2004 + RC2 macros
        Jon.

        > I'm trying to fix the problem but in any case the bug report has been
        > issued :=)
        >
        > Pedro

        The information contained in this email and in any attachments
        may be privileged and confidential.
        The information is designated solely for the attention and use of
        the intended recipient(s).
        If you are not the intended recipient(s), please be aware that any
        disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
        information is prohibited.
        by telephone or email immediately.
      • azynheira
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 12, 2004
          Hello,

          I do it and then restart ME by exiting and executing it again. The
          thing is that all bindings are ok (left,rigth and middle!) with Shift,
          Control and Alt but Shift-Left-MouseKey does not.

          The left key alone works perfectly and in conjunction with all other
          keys.

          Could it be because I'm using a Microsoft-Wheel mouse ?

          Pedro

          *******

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 13, 2004
            Can you execute describe-key and then press Shift left mouse key (and hold button, does it say the key is S-mouse-pick-1? What platform are using?

          • azynheira
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 13, 2004
              Hello,

              Yes it says S-mouse-pick-1 and its mapped to open-marked file.

              Windows 2K. Microsoft Wheel Mouse and MEJan2k4.

              --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@p...>

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 13, 2004
                All mouse buttons should be bound to the command 'mouse-event' if user-setup was used to configure the binding, as your S-mouse-pick-1 is bound to 'open-marked file' (what is that) this must be your own binding, look in your setup file etc. This will override the user-setup configuration.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 13, 2004
                  Hello,

                  You are quire right. One thing I noticed just now is that the
                  describe-key gives me 'open-marked-file' and describe-bindings command
                  gives 'void'. Is there any reason for the diference ?

                  Pedro

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 13, 2004
                    Could be a buffer binding or pick/drop confusion,