Re: [jasspa] Re: Wiki

  • Jeremy Cowgar
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 9, 2004
      On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 03:48, Dr. Detlef Groth wrote:

      > Installing TclTk is quite easy with the Tclkit-approach. Just grab a
      > executable for your platform from http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/8.4.5/
      > or an older version. It is one executable file with all libraries
      > included and some popular libraries included too (metakit-database,
      > Itcl - object orientation). Installing wikit is just an other file

      I use it in a production environment and have as little software
      installed as necessary. I do not wish to install more software on the
      system.

      > > other wikis, Wikit being one. I have never had troubles with MoniMoni,
      > > however, the more I try to fix things the more bugs I am finding.
      > >
      > > I have setup another Wiki that I have used in the past. I have put a few
      > > of the pages into it to see how it's going to work. Please visit the
      > > temporary URL and let me know if you find any problems or have
      > > suggestions.
      >
      > where is the url to check ?

      Opps! http://lua.cowgar.com (don't be fooled by the url, it's just a
      dummy host I have setup that I test a lot of things with).

      > > Also, if anyone has a favorite Wiki implementation that uses Perl or
      > > PHP, please let me know... I am willing to look at others at this point.
      >
      > My favourite it the Tclers one (Running on dozens of platforms (Mac,
      > Unixes, Winds) as a webservice or as a desktop application with just
      > two files everywhere).

      ----
      jeremy <jc@...>

      Yesterday it was evil, today it's OK, tomorrow it's praised
    • Dr. Detlef Groth
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 12, 2004
        >Opps! http://lua.cowgar.com (don't be fooled by the url, it's just a
        >dummy host I have setup that I test a lot of things with

        I would favour this one, its nicer and easier to navigate, it seems
        also to be less buggy (one bug I observed that you can't provide two code blocks:
        %%(me) ... %% ...
        %%(me) ... %%)

        Missing is a link to the formatting rules.

        regards,
        Detlef

        --
        Dr. Detlef Groth
        Max-Planck-Institut
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 12, 2004
          On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 03:14, Dr. Detlef Groth wrote:
          > >Opps! http://lua.cowgar.com (don't be fooled by the url, it's just a
          > >dummy host I have setup that I test a lot of things with
          >
          > I would favour this one, its nicer and easier to navigate, it seems
          > also to be less buggy (one bug I observed that you can't provide two code blocks:
          > %%(me) ... %% ...
          > %%(me) ... %%)
          >
          > Missing is a link to the formatting rules.

          I do too. I fixed the two code block problem, and the formatting rules
          is just somthing I did not add yet because I didn't want to spend a lot
          of time on it if we decided on something else.

          I will begin the conversion and probably this evening put it on
          microemacs.cowgar.com .

          Any other input before I make this move?

          Jeremy
        • Jeremy Cowgar
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 12, 2004
            The new Wiki system is up and online. Please give feedback.

            http://microemacs.cowgar.com

            ----
            jeremy <jc@...>

            Today's luxuries become tomorrows necessities
          • Jeremy Cowgar
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 14, 2004
              On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 06:24, Jon Green wrote:
              > Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
              >
              > > The new Wiki system is up and online. Please give feedback.
              > >
              > > http://microemacs.cowgar.com
              > >

              > Can you fix up the "Macros" page
              > for user contributed Macros. I cannot
              > see how I add a new page with a
              > contribution on it. Need to make
              > a new page to add at the end of the
              > list. Some of the pages have "?"
              > to add - this one does not seem
              > to ?

              As Jon has said, you can click Edit Page at the bottom and add in what
              they call CamelCase words. This will create a link to a page. If the
              page does not exist, it will include a ? at the end. By clicking the ?
              you get to edit that page.

              So, to add a user submitted macro, you can do something like:

              1. Click Edit on the Macros Page
              2. Add something like:

              MyCoolMacro: does a lot of neat things.

              3. Save
              4. Click the '?' after MyCoolMacro
              5. Enter your macro text:

              == My Cool Macro ==

              This macro does some cool things. Everyone should have it!

              %%(me)
              macro code
              macro code
              macro code
              %%

              6. Click Save.

              You have now just created a link, created a page, filled the page and
              saved the page.

              Some of the pages still have ? after them because they are what I see as
              how the Macro page should be, but they are information that I cannot
              fill in because I do not have enough information on knowledge on the
              subject.

              People wishing to contribute to the Wiki are encouraged to visit:

              http://microemacs.cowgar.com/wakka.php?wakka=WantedPages

              That contains links to pages that are not yet created. If you have
              enough knowledge on the particular subject, fill it in! A wiki is meant
              to be maintained by everyone.

              If you feel that the structure of the pages should be changed, rearrange
              it. The wiki is versioned, previous pages are never deleted, but stored
              with a version number. The new page is always the latest version and is
              displayed by default. So, we can revert to any previous version we wish.
              The Wiki is also backed up on a nightly basis.

              Jeremy
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 14, 2004
                Jeremy Cowgar wrote:

                > The new Wiki system is up and online. Please give feedback.
                >
                > http://microemacs.cowgar.com

                Can you fix up the "Macros" page
                for user contributed Macros. I cannot
                see how I add a new page with a
                contribution on it. Need to make
                a new page to add at the end of the
                list. Some of the pages have "?"
                to add - this one does not seem
                to ?

                Thanks

                The information contained in this email and in any attachments
                may be privileged and confidential.
                The information is designated solely for the attention and use of
                the intended recipient(s).
                If you are not the intended recipient(s), please be aware that any
                disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
                information is prohibited.
                by telephone or email immediately.
              • Dr. Detlef Groth
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 14, 2004
                  Just Press `Edit this Page' at the bottom add the Text you want. For
                  creating new Pages add something like: MyNewPage (remark the capital
                  letters) this will be recognized as a link after saving. If the page
                  does not exist this question marks appears. Click on it, edit and
                  save!

                  NB: mixed case words (LikeThis?) do not need to be enclosed in
                  brackets. For internal links (inside this Wiki), the complete URL
                  should not be written
                  (otherwise the link will not work). Add «http://" only for
                  external links.
                  see:
                  http://microemacs.cowgar.com/wakka.php?wakka=HelpOnEditing&v=39a

                  NB: mixed case words (LikeThis?) do not need to be enclosed in
                  brackets. For internal links (inside this Wiki), the complete URL
                  should not be written
                  (otherwise the link will not work). Add «http://" only for
                  external links.

                  NB: To prevent a WordLikeThis from becoming a link, place a ~ (tilda)
                  in front of it.

                  regards,
                  Detlef