RE: [jasspa] MicroEmacs '04 - Release Candidate 1 now available

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 9, 2004
      Wowww, that caught me by surprise, I was not expecting Jon to push that version up...

      Firstly this macro release does not contain the correct php support, nor the lua & html-lua support, I nearly have this ready to go so I will push this out soon, probably later today.

      For those that use the toolbar:

      I have made a lot of fixes and replaced/removed some of the tools (ftp-files had to go and the file list tool is no longer link to the browser as I could not get this working correctly and not cripple the browser). I recommend that you remove each toolbar and re-create it as this will ensure that you setup has the correct settings.

      For those that have their own file hooks:

      I have changed the buffer-initialize* functions to buffer-init* and added another function which should be called at the end of the file. Also you may have settings for the old function folding feature, this feature has changed to collapse so 'set-variable .fhook-???.fold-open' should now be .fhook-???.collapse-open. (The reason for the change is that ME can now be used as a proper folding editor, try loading fold.emf, this is do to vast improvements to the narrowing capability with makes narrowing easy and safe to use, try the main menus -> Edit -> Narrow commands)

      See any fhook in this release for examples of how fhooks should be.

      For those with Favorites:

      The hot key char has changed from '&' to '\H' so to fix your favorite list go to main menus File -> Favorites -> Edit and in the buffer change '&' (1 character) to '\H' (2 chars).

      For those with OSD dialogs:

      That's brave! The same '&' -> '\H' change has been made and you may also find lots of ".."s at the end on menu items, this is due to a change in the behaviour of the 'd' flag. If you have any problems up-dating you dialogs I suggest you email me, preferably with the macro code.

      I think that covers most issues,

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 9, 2004
        Phillips, Steven wrote:

        > Wowww, that caught me by surprise, I was not expecting Jon to push that version up...

        It certainly focuses one on the issues
        does it not !

        The information contained in this email and in any attachments
        may be privileged and confidential.
        The information is designated solely for the attention and use of
        the intended recipient(s).
        If you are not the intended recipient(s), please be aware that any
        disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
        information is prohibited.
        by telephone or email immediately.
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 10, 2004
          Phillips, Steven wrote:
          > Wowww, that caught me by surprise, I was not expecting Jon to push that version up...

          The comments on the new release migration are now publish
          at at the following location if you need to reference them:-

          http://www.jasspa.com/whatsnew.html

          Jon
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 16, 2004
            Detlef,

            Thanks for these abbreviation files, the perl is much better and its good to get a tcl one. I have added these for the next release,