RE: [jasspa] Updated files for next release

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
      Just to confirm what Jon said below, we are aiming to drop a new Beta release very shortly so if you have any changes/fixes/additions please email them to me asap (I suggest directly to this email address rather than via the group as it will be released soon anyway). It greatly helps me if the submission also contains examples that demonstrate the issue/fix/new feature etc so I can confirm that it is working correctly.

      If the submission also contains doc changes I am happy to sort this out and forward to Jon etc.

      Thanks to all that do contribute to Jasspa ME and a happy New Year to all,

    • Jeremy Cowgar
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2004
        Updated files....

        Sample LuaHtml code is very simple:

        <head><title><?lua print("Hello") ?></title></head>

        <h1>Hello, 10 times</h1>
        <hr />
        <?lua for (a=0; a<10; a++) do ?>
        Hello<br />
        <?lua end ?>

        However, I must say also that this syntax may change. Discussion exists
        as to add <?lua= title ?>, and maybe <?= title ?>, also maybe even
        supporting <% ... %> <%= title %> type blocks. So this is not yet
        solidified.

        I also created two other modes, one for S-Lang and another for EDI
        files. The S-Lang mode has one problem that I am aware of:

        if (1==1)
        {
        printf("Hello, World!");
        }

        works great, but I do not know how to make this indent properly:

        if (1==1)
        printf("Hello, World!");

        It's just like C, in the respect that if only 1 line exists below if's,
        else's, while's, etc... it does not need the { }'s.

        You can find both of these modes on the wiki,
        http://microemacs.cowgar.com ... The EDI one is very helpful for someone
        frequently working of EDI files, and it's very simple.

        A direct link to these two are:

        http://microemacs.cowgar.com/wiki.php/EdiLanguageTemplate
        http://microemacs.cowgar.com/wiki.php/SLangTemplate

        Also, you can see my current LuaHtml template at:
        http://microemacs.cowgar.com/wiki.php/LuaHtmlLanguageTemplate

        You have mentioned that you have a much easier way of accomplishing this
        now. The one thing that I really like about the way that I did it was
        that you get full syntax highlighting in both modes, as well as full
        indentation support. For instance:

        <?lua for (a=0; a<10; a++) do ?>
        ....This is automatically indented, even
        ....though it's outside the Lua block. Then,
        ....further, you can do something like:
        ....<?lua if (1==1) then ?>
        ........and it indents again
        ........and keeps indenting.
        ........then the ends will stop it, but only
        ........if they are inside of lua blocks:
        ....<?lua end ?>
        ....That just totally blew me away when I saw that it
        ....worked in this manner. It was totally awesome.
        <?lua end ?>

        will the new way accomplish this same task?

        Jeremy
      • Jeremy Cowgar
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2004
          > I also created two other modes, one for S-Lang and another for EDI
          > files. The S-Lang mode has one problem that I am aware of:
          >
          > if (1==1)
          > {
          > printf("Hello, World!");
          > }
          >
          > works great, but I do not know how to make this indent properly:
          >
          > if (1==1)
          > printf("Hello, World!");
          >
          > It's just like C, in the respect that if only 1 line exists below if's,
          > else's, while's, etc... it does not need the { }'s.

          Oh, also, I do not know how to make this work:

          variable a = 10, b = 20;

          that works great, but what does not look right is:

          variable a = 10,
          b = 20,
          c = 30,
          d = 40;