Tab Indentation

  • first last
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
      Hi everyone. I have been trying to find where in the macro files is the
      setting for replacing tabs with spaces, as I want to disable it.

      Ideally, I would like the tab to be displayed as 4 spaces but stored as
      a tab (I prefere spaces but the new company I am working for use tabs
      all over the place, so I have to follow guidelines).

      Thanks in advance.

      Gabriel

      PS. When is the next release of JASSPA-ME planned for?

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
        Gabriel,

        The key things are to set your $tabwidth variable to 4 (default is 8) and setup the fhook to NOT use tab mode (use buffer-setup to do this, you should be this for each file type). The first change means that an indent of 4 == 1 tab char, the second change sets ME it use tabs wherever possible (instead of spaces).