Updated files for next release

  • azynheira
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
      Hello,

      Thanks for the good news. I've got updated hook files when do you want
      these so that it can be released with the Jan 2004 release.

      Thanks

      Pedro
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
        azynheira wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Thanks for the good news. I've got updated hook files when do you want
        > these so that it can be released with the Jan 2004 release.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Pedro

        Hi Pedro,

        I suggest that you post any changes to Steve ASAP
        as he is source master. They need to be received in
        the next couple of days and then he will drop the
        release masters back to me which I will post
        on the Jasspa site. Ideally submit with a list
        of changes or features that we can add to the
        http://www.jasspa.com/history.html
        page. If any of the changes need some documentation
        then ideally send me the documentation or
        notes so that I can update the documentation.

        Any documentation changes should come back to me.

        We will distibute a source/macro only beta release
        at the end of this week for testing to catch any
        inconsistencies. There will be limited binaries
        available for download i.e. Win32, HPUX 11,
        Linux and Solaris, but no packages.

        By the end of the month we will patch any
        problems with the release and then build all
        of the installation packages + CD-ROMs that
        will make up the full MicroEmacs '04 release.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
          Just to confirm what Jon said below, we are aiming to drop a new Beta release very shortly so if you have any changes/fixes/additions please email them to me asap (I suggest directly to this email address rather than via the group as it will be released soon anyway). It greatly helps me if the submission also contains examples that demonstrate the issue/fix/new feature etc so I can confirm that it is working correctly.

          If the submission also contains doc changes I am happy to sort this out and forward to Jon etc.

          Thanks to all that do contribute to Jasspa ME and a happy New Year to all,

        • Jeremy Cowgar
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2004
            Updated files....

            Sample LuaHtml code is very simple:

            <head><title><?lua print("Hello") ?></title></head>

            <h1>Hello, 10 times</h1>
            <hr />
            <?lua for (a=0; a<10; a++) do ?>
            Hello<br />
            <?lua end ?>

            However, I must say also that this syntax may change. Discussion exists
            as to add <?lua= title ?>, and maybe <?= title ?>, also maybe even
            supporting <% ... %> <%= title %> type blocks. So this is not yet
            solidified.

            I also created two other modes, one for S-Lang and another for EDI
            files. The S-Lang mode has one problem that I am aware of:

            if (1==1)
            {
            printf("Hello, World!");
            }

            works great, but I do not know how to make this indent properly:

            if (1==1)
            printf("Hello, World!");

            It's just like C, in the respect that if only 1 line exists below if's,
            else's, while's, etc... it does not need the { }'s.

            You can find both of these modes on the wiki,
            http://microemacs.cowgar.com ... The EDI one is very helpful for someone
            frequently working of EDI files, and it's very simple.

            A direct link to these two are:

            http://microemacs.cowgar.com/wiki.php/EdiLanguageTemplate
            http://microemacs.cowgar.com/wiki.php/SLangTemplate

            Also, you can see my current LuaHtml template at:
            http://microemacs.cowgar.com/wiki.php/LuaHtmlLanguageTemplate

            You have mentioned that you have a much easier way of accomplishing this
            now. The one thing that I really like about the way that I did it was
            that you get full syntax highlighting in both modes, as well as full
            indentation support. For instance:

            <?lua for (a=0; a<10; a++) do ?>
            ....This is automatically indented, even
            ....though it's outside the Lua block. Then,
            ....further, you can do something like:
            ....<?lua if (1==1) then ?>
            ........and it indents again
            ........and keeps indenting.
            ........then the ends will stop it, but only
            ........if they are inside of lua blocks:
            ....<?lua end ?>
            ....That just totally blew me away when I saw that it
            ....worked in this manner. It was totally awesome.
            <?lua end ?>

            will the new way accomplish this same task?

            Jeremy
          • Jeremy Cowgar
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2004
              > I also created two other modes, one for S-Lang and another for EDI
              > files. The S-Lang mode has one problem that I am aware of:
              >
              > if (1==1)
              > {
              > printf("Hello, World!");
              > }
              >
              > works great, but I do not know how to make this indent properly:
              >
              > if (1==1)
              > printf("Hello, World!");
              >
              > It's just like C, in the respect that if only 1 line exists below if's,
              > else's, while's, etc... it does not need the { }'s.

              Oh, also, I do not know how to make this work:

              variable a = 10, b = 20;

              that works great, but what does not look right is:

              variable a = 10,
              b = 20,
              c = 30,
              d = 40;