Re: C++ namespace indentation

  • salmankhilji
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2003
      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, bill@j... wrote:

      > So should we add support for indenting namespaces?

      I think you are right. Indenting namespaces may not be that good of
      an idea after all. The reason I posted this was that I wanted to
      make sure that it was by design, and not by bug.

      One thing that I am really short of is horizontal space when I write
      programs. I always pick a small enough of a font which allows me to
      open two files side by side while I can still view 80 columsn on both
      files. I have to frequently break long lines into separate ones
      because I run out of my rule-of-thum 80 columns.

      If you indent namespaces, the entire file gets indented by 4 spaces
      so you lose 4 columns of spaces where you write the bulk of your code.

      So may be we should keep it the way it is.

      Salman