Re: [jasspa] Dialog Boxes

  • bill@jasspa.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2003
      Moving using the keys is a bit of an art but can be done. TAB will move from one dialog item to the next in the tab
      order (specified when the dialog was created) the arrow keys should also move appropriately and there are hot
      keys. Once you are on the correct item press enter to execute it or change its value, and this is where the problems
      start. For non-entry items this is a simple operation but for an entry box (where text is type) it gets a little more
      complicated.

      This is because there are 2 types of entry box, a single line and a multi-line type. The single line type is usually
      displayed as a single line, TAB will insert a tab character and return (or Enter) will complete the entry. Multi-line
      types are usually displayed as more than one line, return inserts a newline and TAB completes the entry (try the
      Notes in the organizer).

      So with the symptoms you describe, you should have pressed 'return' first.

      For simple dialogs see osd-dialog, osd-xdialog & osd-entry (grep for their use in the macros emf files), more
      complicated than that and the simple answer is no. The best thing to do is find a dialog that is closest to what you
      need and nick it!

      Steve