unmark-buffer ... where is it?

  • Jeremy Cowgar
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2003
      Where is the unmark-buffer command? I have me '02 and it's in the docs,
      but my editor says the command does not exist.

      Thanks!

      ----
      jeremy <jc@...>

      Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?
      A: A stick.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2003
        Unmark-buffer is only defined in the MicroEMACS compatibility mode, see docs on the command and macro file meme3_8.emf for a definition. The Jasspa ME way to do this out of the box is to remove the 'edit' mode, given that the mode will be set, toggling the mode has the same effect you simply do:

        C-x m edit

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2003
          Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
          > Where is the unmark-buffer command? I have me '02 and it's in the docs,
          > but my editor says the command does not exist.
          >
          > Thanks!

          Steve mentioned the 3.8 compatibility mode.
          You can also do this using the mouse in an
          editing mode. If you right click on the
          mode line of the buffer and select
          "Buffer Modes" and un-select "edit"
          then this will unmark the buffer.