[jasspa] Moving to next paragraph after filling

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 1999
      The old version of ME, as well as GNU, move the cursor to the end of the paragraph after filling it. Thus one can fill many paragraphs just by typing a couple of ^U's before the ^X-p, and then continue on slowly (doing one at a time) using just ^X-p.

      This doesn't work in ME99. The default behavior of ifill-paragraph is to leave the cursor where it was, e.g., in the middle of the paragraph. So now to move to the next one you have to do forward-paragraph (esc-n). That's more work.

      So, I wrote this wrapper to change the behavior to what I was used to:

      ;------------------------------------------------------------
      ; my-ifill-paragraph: makes fill move cursor to end by default
      ; (use numarg of 0 to leave it in place -- default for ifill)
      ;------------------------------------------------------------
      define-macro my-ifill-paragraph
      !if @?
      !if &equ @# 0
      ifill-paragraph
      !else
      @# ifill-paragraph
      !endif
      !else
      1 ifill-paragraph
      !emacro
      !force global-bind-key my-ifill-paragraph "C-x p"

      Now, to leave the cursor where it was, you have to do ^U 0 ^X p.

      -Tom Hundt