RE: [jasspa] Determining jasspa-me version

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2003
      Thanks for this submission, I will add it to the next release.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2003
        >>(I never use the client-server mode. Not sure what it's for. Save
        >>memory? But memory's cheap!)
        >

        > I am an abuser of ME, I typically have one session of ME running for weeks and can end up with 300+ buffers and 500+ Mb of memory (its cheap!). I use the server because I want all the buffers in one me session so I can easily swap between them (I hate using a mouse - too slow).
        > Steve

        That's great ;-)

        I find the sessions so quick to start that it doesn't matter. It is
        quick to switch between them using Alt-Tab. But I'm using it mainly in
        non-console mode (and mainly in Win2k).

        But when working on a project, I have many buffers going. I've mapped
        C-page-down to next-buffer and C-page-up to "-1 next-buffer" to make
        switching between those very quick.

        (BTW, I really appreciate being able to drag and drop files onto a
        running ME. Wish it would accept drag-and-drop of arbitrary files and
        especially URLs, so I don't have to copy and paste them. Not using ME
        to browse, mind you, just to stick them into text documents. I've
        looked at it briefly and it looked like dropping files is a different
        API section than dropping arbitrary.)

        --
        Thomas Hundt