Re: A few more improvements requested

  • salmankhilji
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2003
      Sorry, I figure out some of these myself.

      For 1) You use the <compile> command instead of the <pipe> command.
      Colorizing the make output would still be a big plus+

      For 2) You move your mouse cursor BEFORE the item and then Issue:

      C-x `

      Salman
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2003
        salmankhilji wrote:
        > Sorry, I figure out some of these myself.
        >
        > For 1) You use the <compile> command instead of the <pipe> command.
        > Colorizing the make output would still be a big plus+

        Just prototyped this, it is possible and will
        be supported in the next release - there are a
        few logistics remaining to sort out.

        > For 2) You move your mouse cursor BEFORE the item and then Issue:
        >
        > C-x `

        Simple way is to double click the error line,
        then loads the file in error and takes you to
        the line.

        Since you are coming from XEmacs, the mouse behaviour
        in "info" files and "man" pages is different. Double click
        with the mouse on the link and it will take you to the
        linked page/reference.

        From your previous comment also looking at supporting
        <return> on the error line so that the error file is
        loaded and moved to the correct line position.

        Jon.

        > Salman

      • Dr. Detlef Groth
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2003
          <snip>
          Hello Steven, Jon.

          The only thing I really miss is a foldable favourites tab in the
          toolbar. This would provide great project management. And files could
          spread around the world. I tried several times to implement it by
          myself porting the abbreviation-folding code to the favourites but
          always failed.

          Thanks,
          Detlef
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 9, 2003
            This seems reasonable enough although I'm not sure how I'm going to implement support for this in in the main File menu....

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Dr. Detlef Groth
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 9, 2003
              Hello Steven,

              thanks for your answer.

              I don't need it in the File menu just in the Toolbar would be enough.
              I tend to use never the File Menu at all.

              May be it would similar like the improved Buffer popup/menu we have
              done recently in the menu. But just 2 levels of hierarchy like in the
              buffer-menu would be enough. I have several projects with files
              attached to them. Okay 3 levels would be my programming languages
              (Perl, Tcl, Java, ME ...) their projects, their files ...

              But just the toolbar would be enough.

              I am willing to test and contribute as much as a I can.

              regards,
              Detlef

              --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@p...>
              wrote:
              > This seems reasonable enough although I'm not sure how I'm going to
              implement support for this in in the main File menu....

              > Steve

              Lexmark