How to add Qt keywords and string-rectangle

  • salmankhilji
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2003
      In Qt, in addition to having the following standard

      public:
      protected:
      private:

      keywords, you also have

      public slots:
      protected slots:
      private slots:

      If I issue the command restyle-buffer, then these do not get indented
      right---they get the same columnar treatment as my member functions.
      Can someone please tell me what I have to do to get this right.

      I am using XEmacs right now. There is a command where you can
      vertically select a column and then issue a string-rectangle
      command. After asking you what the text you want to add, XEmacs then
      inserts that word along the whole vertical line. How do you do this
      in MicroEmacs?
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2003
        salmankhilji wrote:
        > In Qt, in addition to having the following standard
        >
        > public:
        > protected:
        > private:
        >
        > keywords, you also have
        >
        > public slots:
        > protected slots:
        > private slots:
        >
        > If I issue the command restyle-buffer, then these do not get indented
        > right---they get the same columnar treatment as my member functions.
        > Can someone please tell me what I have to do to get this right.

        Some problems have been reported with the C++
        re-styling which have been fixed in the
        up and coming '04 release. Would be useful
        if you could send an example file to
        "support" at jasspa.com so that the re-style
        can be checked (or return to me directly).

        As a work around then select a region and
        then issue a hilight-region command. Not ideal
        but is really all I can suggest.

        > I am using XEmacs right now. There is a command where you can
        > vertically select a column and then issue a string-rectangle
        > command. After asking you what the text you want to add, XEmacs then
        > inserts that word along the whole vertical line. How do you do this
        > in MicroEmacs?

        There is no such command as this but .... we can make one !
        The following attachment should do what you want if I have
        interpreted your comment correctly. Any issues then get back
        to me or modify yourself.

        To test:-

        Load the .emf a buffer and then "M-x execute-buffer" to
        load the macro. Then "M-x string-rectangle" to execute
        once you have selected a region. The insertion column
        is the column at the start of the region with the
        lowest line number. (i.e. uppermost line of region).

        To always load:-

        Add the macro to your "user.emf" such
        that it is executed on start up.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2003
          Jon Green wrote:
          > salmankhilji wrote:
          >
          >>In Qt, in addition to having the following standard
          >>
          >>public:
          >>protected:
          >>private:
          >>
          >>keywords, you also have
          >>
          >>public slots:
          >>protected slots:
          >>private slots:
          >>
          >>If I issue the command restyle-buffer, then these do not get indented
          >>right---they get the same columnar treatment as my member functions.
          >>Can someone please tell me what I have to do to get this right.
          >

          > Some problems have been reported with the C++
          > re-styling which have been fixed in the
          > up and coming '04 release. Would be useful
          > if you could send an example file to
          > "support" at jasspa.com so that the re-style
          > can be checked (or return to me directly).
          >
          > As a work around then select a region and
          > then issue a hilight-region command. Not ideal

          Opps! "restyle-region" is the command.

          Jon.