kde kpart rewrite?

  • balaclavabob2
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2003
      Hello,

      I have been dwelling over this for the past few months now on how good
      it would be if gideon (latest development of kdevelop) had emacs
      keybindings. I came across kvim which allows for a vim session to be
      embedded within gideon, but the project had a few problems with
      interfacing with kde, as vim wasn't written to be used this way. They
      created a interface called 'kpart' which is what vim used to interface
      with the kde.

      Since microemacs is written in C and the source is quite easy to
      comprehend (was looking at it a few days ago) I was wondering if
      anyone would be interested in writing a proper kde version of emacs
      based off microemacs (maybe using kwrite frame work) or even just a
      kpart interface for microemacs to kde.

      As I believe microemacs is the best implementation of emacs I've used
      so far (easiest to setup and use in BOTH windows and linux,
      documentation is easy to navigate etc.)

      Regards,
      BoB