detecting new data types

  • balaclavabob2
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
      Hello,

      I was curious if it was possible to get microemacs to auto detect new
      data types or how I would go about getting microemacs to accept new
      data types.

      I am interested in making it so when I declare a new struct in C,
      microemacs highlights it for me.

      eg:

      typedef struct(
      int a;
      int b;
      } blah;

      blah var1;
      blah var2;

      Now 'int' is a different color than 'a' but 'blah' and 'var1' are the
      same.

      All help would be apperciated.
      Regards,
      BoB
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
        BoB,

        Simply add lines like the following to your 'myc.emf' file (create a new one in the same place as your history file (<user>.erf) if you do not already have one), ME will then auto load this file when the hkc.emf file is loaded (use execute-buffer 'myc.emf' if already loaded). This works for all standard file types.

        Steve

        hilight .hilight.c 1 "meTRUE" .scheme.prepro
        hilight .hilight.c 1 "meFALSE" .scheme.prepro
        hilight .hilight.c 1 "meABORT" .scheme.prepro
        hilight .hilight.c 1 "meUByte" .scheme.type
        hilight .hilight.c 1 "meInt" .scheme.type
        hilight .hilight.c 1 "meLine" .scheme.type

        I was curious if it was possible to get microemacs to auto detect new
        data types or how I would go about getting microemacs to accept new
        data types.

        I am interested in making it so when I declare a new struct in C,
        microemacs highlights it for me.

        eg:

        typedef struct(
        int a;
        int b;
        } blah;

        blah var1;
        blah var2;

        Now 'int' is a different color than 'a' but 'blah' and 'var1' are the
        same.

        All help would be apperciated.
        Regards,
        BoB

        modify your account settings manually.

      • balaclavabob2
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
          Woah, "Phillips, Steven" I am impressed.
          it took you 5 mins to respond.
          I HAVE NEVER EVER had a responce that did what it was suppose todo so
          quickly.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/