RE: [jasspa] hippie-expand from GNU Emacs

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2003
      It looks like Emacs's hippie-expand is very similar to ME's expand-abbrev-handle in that it tries different methods to get an expansion. The behaviour described below is the 'try-expand-dabbrev' part of it which is similar to ME's expand-look-back command. The ability to search back further if executed again is a useful extension which I'll try to implement, not sure when though,

      Steve

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 27, 2003
        Bob,

        Attached is an improved version of the abbreviation handler which has 'hippie-expand' style behaviour (calling expand-abbrev-handle (esc esc) multiple times will make it look back further).

        This version of abbrev.emf works well on my latest version of ME and I believe it will work on all recent releases but I would still back-up your version of this file in case it does not work.

        Let me know if this fits the bill,

        Steve